X

My blinkers dont work...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My blinkers dont work...

Anyone have a spare setup with the choke and horn and blinkers? I took it apart, the assembly looks fine, so i'm not sure why they will not work. Sometimes on the highway, with the vibration, one of the blinkers starts working. However at low speeds I have to use hand signals. Please advise. Thank you!

have you checked the flasher ?
    doulbt it is the switch if both sides are having issues
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

im thinking there's a wiring issue. what is the flasher?

Comment

So I got the blinkers to work, however, they do not blink...They just turn on? Anyone encounter this before?

Comment

You are low on blinker fluid. Get some here.
          Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
          Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Well, you don't state what year your bike is... but I'll suspect it's a pre98, and that you've connected the wrong set of bullet connectors to the signals.
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Its a 1992, 600, 21,000 miles.

The whole thing is that they used to blink. Everything worked correctly. Then no blinkers for weeks. Now I've got them to come on and turn off properly, but while being on there is no blinking. I'm reading the manual, no worries.

Blinker fluid? Har har. :P

Comment

Flasher is bad.
                Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

I've seen lights that would come on and not blink because the bulbs were mismatched. I had to make sure that I had matching bulbs and the correct flasher for the application.
                  --- 1992 Katana stolen from San Antonio ---
                  --- Bought a 1996 Katana 600 ---

Comment

thank you gentlemen!

Comment

Working...
                    X