No announcement yet.
X

LED turn signals, need more power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey those mirrors......use some loctite on the allen screw on the mount holding the mirror in place. It will no longer move on you while riding and you are good to go.

As for the wiring what you want to do is get resistors and wire them in. You can search ebay or go to your local radio shack type of place to get them. Shoudl be a few bucks.

Also when at radio shack get some wire disconnects so you can quickly disconnect when needed without totally unwiring everything: http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2103313
    I am a Penn State fanatic.
    Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Thanks. Ya, those are actually the same connectors I got. I bought them at radioshack. lol.

I'm wondering if there is a way to weight down the mirrors or make it so that they do not vibrate so much. When I look in them, everything is blurry because they are so light.
      1998 Katana 600
      sigpic

Comment

considering the Kat vibrates a LOT less then my SV1K you can do what I did and get some rubber foam and put it in as a spacer. It will aid against the vibration but you do have to remember that it is a lighter mirror and as such it will vibrate slightly more then stock.

Comment

Trick I've seen on other forums is to drill a hole in the bottom of the mirror casing and drop a bunch of BBs inside. Seal the hole with some silicone so they don't fall out. The loose BBs will soak up all kinds of vibration.
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Thats a good idea. I wonder if they would sound like popcorn from rattling around. lol. Or turn into shrapnel in a crash. lol
            1998 Katana 600
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chris216 View Post
              If them suggestions dont work you could probably run a seperate relay going to each mirror using the original turnsignal positive wire as the positive trigger for the relay and wire in power from the battery itself.
              So let me get this straight. If i want to bump the power to my led turn signals then i just need to run a ground wire from the led to the battery and use the positive from the stock blinker?
              1998 Katana 600
              sigpic

Comment

Wow, I was driving down the road the other day, didn't hit a bump or anything, and one of the mirrors snapped right off at 60mph. What a piece of junk. Not to mention they vibrate and drift backwards from the wind and poor bolts. Too bad, they look awesome, but are crappy quality.
                1998 Katana 600
                sigpic

Comment

Vibration is handled via a small piece of rubber or foam that you put under the boot of the mirror. You are bolting plastic to plastic so there will be vibration...

As for the bolts......if they moved then you use loctite.

I had these types of mirrors on an SV1000 so I vibrated WAY more then a kat, went faster, and constantly had the front off the ground slamming back down. The lens shoulds like you got one bad mirror but the other items are easily accounted for and fixed. You got cheap knockoffs so you have to do something to make them more like an original. They are copies of Ducati mirrors which are sold for around 200 for a reason....

Comment

It was not the lens that fell out. The mirror arm literally snapped in half where it connects to the mounting base.
                    1998 Katana 600
                    sigpic

Comment

Still sounds like a bad mirror. Bad plastic mold. I know of plenty of people with them without issue. Though if you really dont want an issue get some GSXr mirrors or Duc mirors to throw on there.

Comment

Working...
                      X