Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Where the ignition wire by the battery? (scorpion alarm)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where the ignition wire by the battery? (scorpion alarm)

98-02 Kat 600:

I need to splice the ignition wire for the Scorp alarm's kill-ignition ability and I'm feeling lazy enough that I'll figure I'll ask rather than getting out the wiring diagram AND a test probe AND tracking it down manually. I'm pretty sure someone here recently installed an alarm and will know exactly where to find it...

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

98+ Locating the ignition wire at the battery area?

Q: Anyone know which wire is the primary ignition wire at the battery area on the 98+? I need to splice it to install the scorpion alarm...

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I have no knowledge of the 98+, but as with most things, I bet you could find it at the fuse box!
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

From the igniter or signal generator?

My guess is orange/white. I think it runs in the loom from the ECM to the right of the bike, and up the right side.

Should be the same wire from the kill switch. No?
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

oh, maybe I misunderstood....... "ignition wire" in remote starter/alarm speak is a wire that goes live when you turn the key on..... are you actually looking for a wire relating to the ignition? Like, at the cdi box?
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

My guess is he's looking for the physical location of the wires in the loom.

Two threads 20 minutes apart? Someone must be cranky
            Last edited by steves; 06-26-2008, 08:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Just thought it wouldn't get the traffic in this forum that it might get in the other one. Yes, I'm looking for the physical location on the bike somewhere close to the battery bay, preferably outside the mass-wrapped wiring harness loom, like where it splits off.

The scorpion instructions say "most suzuki's use orange with white tracer", but I didn't want to rely on that ("most"? kind of vague by my standards), and I was trying to avoid ripping all the wiring back down again (had it apart to install the HIDs, the accessory harness, the accessory-power plate & relays for the power-plate, clean & dielectric-grease every connector, etc. this week).

Darn it, my eyes are all blurry tonight... can barely make out the words on screen, much less the print in the wiring diagrams. Grrrr... Me thinks maybe I need to catch some sleep.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

That's awful.... I can remember driving back and forth from Phila to Ohio constantly...... I would get so tired that my vision would blur to the point that I couldn't figure out what lane I was in. The blurred vision I would drive through (4 am on Rt 80, who cares?) but once I noticed myself getting confused about seemingly normal stuff, I'd pull it over for a couple hours.

Comment

Cyber, Do like I did, Rather than actually splice any of the wiring, Its fairly simple.

Remove the fuse for the Ignition 10 Amp. Use a spade connector to plug into the pos side of the fuse. Add a mini fuse holder with the 10 amp fuse, then attach that to the scorp. On the return wire, just add a spade and plug it back into the other side of the original fuse holder.

You only have to make one slight modification this way. You have to make two or one (take your pick) notches to the cover to allow the wires to exit the cover so it can snap back on easily. Doing it this way allows for you to simply return it to original state without having to unsolder wires ect. I installed the entire alarm without cutting a single wire on the bike. The alarm will disable it exactly as the Mfg wants without all the added hassle.

If you need pictures to show what I mean, Let me know, I will PM them to you.
                  If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
                  Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

I'm sure I can figure it out without a pic, but I'd love a pic!

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Never mind, I got it done (and I didn't go the easy-bypass route with a fuse -- I soldered in).

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Ok, Will post up a pic maybe tommorow after work. This way others can see a alternate route as well.

Well, Wheres what I ment about not cutting the wires. The Ignition fuse when removed will prevent the bike from starting. Hence why I opted to remove the fuse, add a seperate fuse holder on one lead to the alarm, and just the return to the battery, the white thing to the lower right of the fuse box cover is now the fuse holder.
                        Edited this post to allow proper picture display. Original pictures were pixilized due to another software, Not my camera. The below pictures are directly from the camera.

Last edited by Newbie2it; 06-30-2008, 01:28 AM. Reason: fixin pitchers :P
                        If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
                        Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Working...
                        X