Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auxilliary HID projector lights

Hello all,

Saw something like this on a katana yesterday:

Anyone ever use a product like this? I know HID's come in 35 + 55watt varieties, didn't know 50... Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with extra forward night lights and where to get them.

Love projectors vs regular HIDs!

Thanks,
    Luke

Malloc rides with fog lights (standard filament versions) from PIAA attached to the brackets that normally hold the front reflectors to the forks. I'm not real sure that they provide much more light (because the focal length isn't that long -- should have gone with driving or pencil beams), but they certainly make him a ton more visible.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
      Malloc rides with fog lights (standard filament versions) from PIAA attached to the brackets that normally hold the front reflectors to the forks. I'm not real sure that they provide much more light (because the focal length isn't that long -- should have gone with driving or pencil beams), but they certainly make him a ton more visible.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet

I just checked PIAA's website, my god are they expensive!

Nice stuff though

Comment

can these projectors be used as headlights ??????????
        sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

IF they are the right type (i.e. - right focal pattern), in theory, yes. You'll see them on some of the customized fairings (I suspect Kwebbel may have them on his in lieu of the stock headlights).

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I have a set of $25 fog lights that I made work, and they are regular bulbs and a butt load brighter than my high beam. I could deffinately drive with no probelems if my headlight bulb ever went out.

Comment

I plan on getting these projector fog lights:

and putting these bulb/ballasts in:

Projectors + HID = PIMP!

Comment

Working...
              X