X

burning smell?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• burning smell?

Ok guys have a serious problem, just put my pre 98 back together with a 95 gsxr 750 motor on it, when i put the motor in it fired, i just put everything back together and put a new battery in, i went to start it, and it clicked and i could smell a burning smell? Im sure there are lots of things it could be but any help would be appreciated!

make sure your battery cables aren't crossed.

Comment

Make sure your connections at the battery and starter are also tight.
      Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
      Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Burning Smell

Check your Ashtray!!

Comment

Was definitively an electrical burning smell? If you had the headers off, you probably coated the bolts with high-temp anti-seize (and if not, you really should have) -- you could be smelling the grease carrier burning off (usually a pretty nauseatingly sweet smell as vs. to the burning of plastic).

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

yea it was def. electrical, i am having a buddy of mine take a look at it, he seems to think it will be something simple. I really hope he's right.

Comment

Step 1: disconnect the headlights. Then check again.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

found 2 fuses popped and 2 wires melted, one to the starter and the other to the handlebars, replaced wires, and fuses, bike runs, thanks all!

Comment

Working...
                X