No announcement yet.
X

Best lamps for headlights on a 98+ Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are better off contacting the seller.

My kit (and KR user names DINGO & I think SOULPATCH) used a bulb with a XENON HID low beam, and an regular halogen for a high beam. The high/low bulbs came as a single unit.

As far as brightness, you will NEVER have to go back to high beams again. Also, I think Cyber Poet wrote about a low/hi HID only system - and the cost associated was astronomical.

Just make sure the kit you get has, at a minimum, a Xenon HID, and a halogen high beam set up.
    Originally posted by Nero
    "Be the ball, Danny. Be the ball."
    SUPPORT YOUR FORUM: Buy a KR decal!

MY 2001 600 KATANA - Sold... But never forgotten.

Comment

Yeah, I finally found those threads and saw yours also. The kits your guy has says it comes with wiring harnesses. Should I still get that one you upgraded to?

Comment

You absolutely need to have the upgraded wiring harness from www.suvlights.com to safely install any lighting upgrade.

Look at it like this:

suvlights.com harness = $$$$$$$
        New wiring harness from Suzuki: $$$$$$$$

Comment

I did not run my wire harness under the tank. I instead ran it along the frame on the right fairing. It was simple as pie. No alterations needed up front.

I did modify the harness though since I did not want the slack up front between headlights (the wire harness is meant for a car so plenty of space between headlight relays)

I simply shortened the wire. Pretty simple really. I went into it thinking it would be a pain in the *** but it seriously took me an hour to install once the fairings were off.

The hardest part was zip tieing everything down and finding a place for the ballast tanks.....
          I am a Penn State fanatic.
          Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

I have a dumb question:

If the HIDs draw less power why upgrade the harness?

Comment

The continuous draw while the lights are on is considerably lower than a set of halogen bulbs, but the initial start up of the bulbs is WAY higher.

I CALL ON THE POWER OF THE CYBER POET TO EXPLAIN WHY YOU SHOULD UPGRADE YOUR WIRING HARNESS!

Besides, you have everything apart, and if you are going to do it, why not go ahead and do it right?

Comment

as yellow said the initial firing of the ballast to ignite the HID lamps is more then the draw of your current lights. After they are fired then he draw is less but that initial hit can cause series issues with your wiring harness.s
                I am a Penn State fanatic.
                Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Working...
                X