X

wiring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring

I have search the forum and the internet but I cannot find a wiring diagram on a 97 600. I have found up to 96 and 98+ but that is it. I do know that it's different at least going to the cdi and the controls.

The 96 600 should be the same as your 97 600.

Comment

very true if it's 96 it's the same as 97. The differences didn't start until 98. And no it's not, the CDI and controls are the same up to 1998.

Comment

One word of caution: if your carbs have a Throttle Position Sensor on the right end of the carb stack (has wires going to it), it's an European model and has the 98+ wiring in 97. Otherwise it will have 96 wiring.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Since he's in TN CP, I highly, highly doubt it's a European Katana.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic1016 View Post
            Since he's in TN CP, I highly, highly doubt it's a European Katana.
            Probably not, but every now and then, one slips back into the USA with a military member who was serving overseas. A quick check for the TPS will make sure we're not steering him wrong

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

the CDI and controls are the same up to 1998.
              the cdi and control wiring is different on my 88. I do know that it is a california model because it has the emissions stuff

Comment

very true if it's 96 it's the same as 97. The differences didn't start until 98. And no it's not, the CDI and controls are the same up to 1998.
                wrong 97 uses a diff cdi box with 12 wires not the 5 like the earilier ones the reason for this the euro models needed the extra wires for the tps and a few other sensors so instead of making 2 diff ones suzuki used the same cdi in 97 as europe jsut no tps sensor
                I have two gears to beat you with and four you will never see!"

don't knock masturbation its sex with someone i love

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Comment

Working...
                X