Batery tender

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batery tender

Are they worth it?
    Sadly, I ride much less than what I used to. So the batery keeps dieing on me. I removed the alarm and disconected the batery but it still won't last long. I know this will ruin the battery, and they are expensive (80€). I checked a few places and they ask about 150€ for a battery tender.
    Am I getting stolen here or are they worth that much.
    Opinions please....
    Too old to dream, too young to reason...
    I am fond of my rough edges.
    sigpic

whats that in US dollars?

Comment

that's around $220! way too much for a battery tender! look around for a better deal

(assuming that is Euros)
      1993 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

Plenty to be had online for around $40 or so...That's only 23 Euros...
        Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
        -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
        -Terence

Comment

yeah $220 is way to much, I got one on eBay for like $20 + shipping I think.

Comment

Look for a Acumen model, you should be able to find it around 60 Euro in a 230 volt version. If not, I can get you the 230 volt BatteryTender for probably about the same after shipping.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I made one from a 12-volt wall wart and a plug I got from NAPA Auto parts. Not automatic, but such a low amperage, I am sure it will not over-charge the battery. But it may be so low, it won't actually do anything...
              "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

I bought a charger/tender deal for about $20 a few weeks ago . Has a charge and float/maintain mode . It's nifty . Yeah , you're getting reamed over there . Maybe you can order one like suggested ..... Oh wait , Euro uses different voltage , don't they . Got an adapter to take care of that ?
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I use the Optimate 3, auto desulphating, testing and trickle charging.

Available in UK from:

Busters motorcycle Accessories - More than 70,000 parts and motor oil all top brands like Yamaha + Kawasaki + Suzuki + Honda + BMW + Aprilia. Directly from the shop, good and cheap

Don't use a car battery charger (at least that is what I was told) as it will fry the battery on a bike
                  Riding 2002 GSX600F for 2 years. UK rider.

Comment

Anything under 2a will be fine . That's what I USED to use before it died .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                    X