X

Someone please help me with this headlamp issue****

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone please help me with this headlamp issue****

For some strange reason out of no where my headlamps are malfuntioning. When I use "low beam" booth headlamps come on. When I use "high" beam NO lamps come on. I have checked all fuses, installed new bulbs and still no resolve. Please advise......IM GOING CRAZY!! 2001 KATANA 750
    Fast Eddie

No day is promised, live life to the fullest!!

Sounds like a fried relay..
    I don't have the 98+ schematic.

Comment

Or a wiring problem.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Or simply a dead control switch on the handlebar. I tend to slip mine half way to light both high and low at the same time. I know sooner or later this is gonna catch up to me and I'll be replacing the switch.

Nah!! Who am I fooling, I'll probably just mod on two seperate switches and flip them on as I desire. <Grin>
        If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
        Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

make sure your wires arent rigged up all funny, just a thought
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I'd bet on the switch . I do the same where I rock it to between high and low to get BOTH sometimes when I feel I need the extra light . It ain't the switch I worry about when I do that , but the connection at the bulb melting .....
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Webpage: CyberPoet's "Motorcycle Headlight Diagnostics, Repair"

1. Check the fuses. Highbeam uses a different fuse than the lowbeam on some of the Kats.
              2. Check the bulbs. You may have both high beam filaments burnt out (doubious, but possible).
              3. Clean/lube the high-beam switch. This is usually where I expect the problem to lie unless you were using over-rated bulbs (i.e. - bulbs drawing too much wattage).
              After that, refer to the link above.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks for everyones input, I will troubleshoot those suggustions...
                Fast Eddie

No day is promised, live life to the fullest!!

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                  I'd bet on the switch . I do the same where I rock it to between high and low to get BOTH sometimes when I feel I need the extra light . It ain't the switch I worry about when I do that , but the connection at the bulb melting .....
                  I've not yet melted mine, Same plug end as I have in my Crown Vic and i've been doing it for years to it and I have higher wattage bulbs in the car. I just hold the blinker lever towards the steering wheel on the cage to get both to light. The plug ends, So long as they are clean and corrosion free seem to hold ok to the heat. Its just the switch on the handle bar on the bike I am curious about melting the terminals together since they are probably closer then they are in my cage.
                  If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
                  Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Working...
                  X