X

K6 - headlights conversion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K6 - headlights conversion?

I just bought a brand new GSX 750 F - Or Katana 750 (I live in Denmark).

The bike is delivered with headlights like this:

The left "lamp" is the light, which is lid when you drive normally. The right "lamp" is not on.

When I turn on the high beam, this only appears in the right "lamp". The left is always on "low" beam.

It's H1 and H7 bulbs - and as far as I've read misc places on the Internet - I need H4 in both "lamps" to get the same light in both "lamps".

Sorry for my English - hope you understand.
    PS (what's the correct word for "lamp" - i know its not lamp )

You need to see if your motorcycle is wired for this first before you waste money on new lightbulbs.
    You might not be able to do it on European models.

And your English is fine.

Comment

I always found that kind of funny lookin, like on the yammy's, just looks plain weird, every time I see one I want to tell them they have a head light out.
      Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
      18v Rigid Drill
      Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
      New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

I think I need new wires for this operation - and new headlights as well.

But where do I buy this?

Comment

Some of your answers were just a quick search away (searched for "Denmark headlight" ):

The Danish version of the Kat comes with an abridged wiring set that doesn't provide high-beam power to the left headlight. Replacing item #5 in this harness 04 GSXF Wiring Harness Fiche File, as well as the headlight bulb on the left, should enable both headlights on low and high.

As far as I understand it, you'll need to source the Suzuki part number (36620-08FA0) from the USA, as the Danish Suzuki dealer's won't carry it (the Germans may though).

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I bought a euro spec gsxf750 and I converted it to having both lights on by getting a different headlight wiring loom dont know if this is the loom that CP was on about as got it off good old EBAY with a UK spec headlight believe it has one extra wire (white ?)

The headlight loom just replaced the exsisting loom and after that assume that you would then need to change your headlight bulbs to H4s (?) to allow dipped/main beam in each headlight

Comment

Originally posted by kevb_uk
              I bought a euro spec gsxf750 and I converted it to having both lights on by getting a different headlight wiring loom dont know if this is the loom that CP was on about as got it off good old EBAY with a UK spec headlight believe it has one extra wire (white ?)
              Right, it needs 3 wires. A ground, a low beam circuit and a high beam circuit. Yellow is usually high, white is usually low, and black/white striped is the ground/negative.

It would require a headlight wire harness swap and the appropriate bulbs.
              Before criticizing someone, first walk a mile in their shoes...
              Then when you criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
              -----
              2001 Katana 600

Comment

I still have no idea how to do this... I'm afraid I need a really simple explanation and links to what I need to buy...

Sorry

Comment

Working...
                X