X

jet kit swap?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jet kit swap?

I have a set of carbs for a 88 Kat 600 with a stage 3 jet kit.. will the jet kit work on a set of carbs for a 92 gsxr 1100 carbs ?

ok Ill do it ... WHY yes it dose and very well too!

Comment

Really ?
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by chriskat1100
        Dubious in my mind, but do tell...

Jetkits are normally designed for a specific diameter of carb on a specific type of engine, based on the vacuum levels expected and the volume of the cylinders. I can't imagine that a kit for a 32mm carb going into a 149cc cylinder would work well for a 36mm (??) carb going into a 275cc cylinder. Then again, I've always suspected those (insert derisive adjective) over at DynoJet cut corners in many ways.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
          Originally posted by chriskat1100
          Dubious in my mind, but do tell...

Jetkits are normally designed for a specific diameter of carb on a specific type of engine, based on the vacuum levels expected and the volume of the cylinders. I can't imagine that a kit for a 32mm carb going into a 149cc cylinder would work well for a 36mm (??) carb going into a 275cc cylinder. Then again, I've always suspected those (insert derisive adjective) over at DynoJet cut corners in many ways.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          well it should be very close since a pre98 kat 600 uses 34mm carbs not 32 and the older 1100 use 34mm and 36mm depending which year and such but the 34m carbs and 36mm carbs on the pre98's share the same housing or bodies the only diff is the bore thru them and the slides. ive said that the 600 carbs will give a nice midrange boost but since you putting them on a bigger motor there sucking more air so the jetting will be close. i would check the topend leaning out maybe but it shouldnt be off very much and yes cyber the dildos at dynojet are cheap and like to cut corners

Comment

Originally posted by Sin
            well it should be very close since a pre98 kat 600 uses 34mm carbs not 32 and the older 1100 use 34mm and 36mm depending which year and such but the 34m carbs and 36mm carbs on the pre98's share the same housing or bodies the only diff is the bore thru them and the slides. ive said that the 600 carbs will give a nice midrange boost but since you putting them on a bigger motor there sucking more air so the jetting will be close. i would check the topend leaning out maybe but it shouldnt be off very much and yes cyber the dildos at dynojet are cheap and like to cut corners
            I misspoke: actually the '88 and '89 Kat 600's got a BST31SS carb (31mm) that was kind of a throw-back, and he was saying '88. The 90-97 models in the US get 33mm BST33SS's on the 600 (year-change over is different in Europe, where they get the newer 32mm from the 98+ starting in '96).
            Anyway, that's where my doubiousness started...

I'm still waiting to see what he says...

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

SORRY guy I dont know what to tell you the jets that where in the 600 carbs have NO numbers on them I just put them in and the rods and now the thing runs like a best from hell !

Comment

Working...
              X