• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by corbettd123
    i have got to get me some of them
    Are you going to get you some? :P

Comment

Hi

I'm looking for someone or a site where i can get some frame sliders for my Kat...

Comment

Just got a set from matt and now I am leery about installing them. Id be afraid of the cylinder head being damaged in a tip over if they break as told they would. ( as they are mounted on SEYPEA s bike as shown) Then I saw Fordfurious bike and they look like they are mounted more forward, but then again if they broke away as said the fairing would be f kd anyway. I think i would rather loose the plastic Kinda disappointed I like them and want to know if this should be a real concern ( real life sit tell me if these sceaniros occored ) If they break away as designed w/ no frame or engine damage as said within reasonable speed ,tip over, etc. then that is kool but i dont want engine damage if i drop the bike @ my place ! id rather loose the plastic
        sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

I used a kit for a SV 1000 and stainless steel hardware. They have a groove around them that will allow the slider to break under frame damaging pressure but still protect from those nasty fall overs. My bike is a 2006 Katana 600. No faring modification was needed, and I used a modified fender washer to help reinforce the area that I had to drill. If pictures would help I can post some.

Comment

I have had mine for 7 weeks and still haven't put them on yet. Their are some posts where they have worked very well. And no post with negative results. I just not sure if I really need them or not.

Comment

Frame sliders

If you want to get rid of them let me know

Comment

Working...
              X