X

swingarm

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swingarm

i have a 96 katana 750.i need to know how i can get a extended swingarm,and lower it.im kinda short.is there a swingarm i can get off another bike maybe?thanks for any help

(A) To lower your bike, search the threads for lower katana height.

Traditional lowering techniques:

1. Shave the seat foam (works well for lighter riders) or replace the seat with a Corbin (which is lower because they use a broader surface at the rear of the seat with a higher density foam -- specify her inseam measurement when ordering).
    2. Install longer dogbones (suspension support links)
    3. Raise the forks through the triple trees (should only be one in conjunction with the longer dogbones; try to maintain the same general geometry)
    4. 60 Profile tires in the OEM widths (i.e. instead of using a 120/70ZR17 use a 120/60ZR17). Yes, this will increase the roughness of the ride.

(B) An extended swing arm is a purely bling thing on a Kat -- it will reduce the handling even further and give you zero benefit unless you are running a turbo nitrous Kat 1100. If you are having problems with the bike wheelie'ing on you, change the sprocket tooth counts instead; extended swing-arms are strictly to reduce wheelie'ing (for straight-line drag purposes) and do so at the expense of handling & turning.

Good Luck!

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

well thanks.i have cganged my mine.after reading.now how many tooth sprocket would i go to get more low end?

Comment

on a pre 98 it would be rather hard on lowering the rear of the bike. The dogbones are not just flat plate like the post 98. They are curved and have needle bearings in them.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Originally posted by sled_head25
          well thanks.i have cganged my mine.after reading.now how many tooth sprocket would i go to get more low end?
          -1 front would be a good place to start . Some go -1 back and +3 rear (every 3 rear is like 1 front) .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
          X