X

Idle!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle!

Noticed after the bike has warmed up. My idle will surge from around 1200 to 1275 maybe 1300. This happens at a rate of about once every 6-7 seconds. I've noticed this since my bike was new, but from some reason it is bothering me. Asked my brother about it, but he told me should have bought a gixxer. he said it normal because of the carbs. what do you guys think.

sound like the carbs are out of sync

Comment

Originally posted by sinfulkat
      sound like the carbs are out of sync
      +1

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Comment

Yea, its a carb thing. You gotta love all things EFI (electronic fuel injection). If you're that concered I would sync the carbs, but only 100 rpms? Obviously not suhweet, but I had one that swung from like 1.2 - 2.5 or even 3. Do the sync, or be happy its not worse.

Comment

does anyone know how much a carb balancer costs.

Comment

take a look at the choke cable and the rod, the rod on my bike has a small bend and i have to push it in all the way with a finger.

Comment

Originally posted by gpggnnn
                does anyone know how much a carb balancer costs.
                $5 - $20 home made version
                $45 cheap mercury version (MotionPro Economy Carb Sync)
                $110 solid-slug version (Morgan CarbTuneII)
                $600+ electronic versions (only makes sense in a shop where you're doing it all the time).

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Wasn't there a poll on that? Yea, it just kinda depends on what you're looking to spend. Or how many times you'll use it. Some of the cheaper ones sacrifice reliability.

Comment

if its only jumping 100 rpm's, thats not all that bad; before I had mine done last summer they were so bad it was fluxuating up and down by atleast 500 - 1000 rpm.....but if you are going to get work done to them (carbs) better to do it now, because the longer you wait, the more shops charge you to clean and sync them. Atleast thats the case around here.

Comment

Working...
                    X