No announcement yet.
X

carbs keep leaking help please

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok thanks for the info on forks I'll just have to look more into the part number and find out exactly what year and make yamaha they came off of so I can find parts and yes I did order k&l kits.....thanks for the help next week I should be ready to start the rebuild

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
      I thought the pre kits didn't come with pilot plugs? I have a post so I'm not sure but I seem to remmeber heading about that before.
      I believe you are correct.

When I tore mine down I had all the plugs and they were still in good shape. Looking at the OP's situation he might not have them all, or any of them. Though I would hope that between the two sets of carbs he would be able have enough to complete the job.

Comment

Originally posted by skjeflo View Post
        I believe you are correct.

When I tore mine down I had all the plugs and they were still in good shape. Looking at the OP's situation he might not have them all, or any of them. Though I would hope that between the two sets of carbs he would be able have enough to complete the job.
        I got the rebuild kits earlier today and I just took a look at them and the kits don't come with plugs but the carbs I'm rebuilding has all the plugs and I have all plugs off old carbs so hopefully out of the 8 plugs 4 of them will be in good shape if not where could I possibly buy new plugs from?

Comment

Pre carbs have a pilot jet plug just under the float. Plug are not included with any kit. You'll have to get them separately. I order extras just incase i lose one.
          Last edited by 92xjunker; 03-15-2015, 12:15 AM.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
            Pre carbs have a pilot jet plug just under the float. Plug are not included with any kit. You'll have to get them separately. I order extras just incase i lose one.
            Where can you get them from or would I have to call suzuki?

Comment

Comment

Awesome thanks I'll get some ordered so I have them just in case.....

Comment

Really man, it's not a "just in case" type thing. You need them. Unless they were rebuilt less than 6 months ago, replace them. I've rebuilt more carbs than most of this forum has seen. I don't even check them. I replace them without a doubt.

Comment

Guess I got lucky on mine, but then again they were "professionally" cleaned a few months prior to me buying it. Who knows, maybe whoever did that work replaced them.

I'd go with Arsenic on this one, buy new and be done.

Comment

Ok i ordered them last night should be here in a couple days and put them in with the rebuild....

Comment

Working...
                      X