X

new to forum . one problem.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to forum . one problem.

Hey guys new To the forum. Always been a browser but need input for my problem.05 kat 600. Carbs cleaned and synced. Had throttle hanging alittle bit so added 1/4 turn on air screw, not hanging anymore but have a stutter between idle and 3k rpms under a load. Mods are welds ground on header,and a slip on. Tps has been adjusted properly,newer ngk plugs. Any ideas?

factory pro jet kit(still get 45 or more mpg depending on speeds)
    Last edited by KAT TOY; 02-02-2015, 09:48 AM.
    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

+1

You're running lean if you ground the header welds down.
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Awesome i was thinking that was problem. Thanks guys. Factory pro kit pretty straight forward?

Comment

So to jet kits . Which one? Everyone says ivans ,youre sayin factory pro, my understanding is dynojet are junk. I need to find out asap i start new job next monday and this is pretty much only transportation

Comment

They all work, if done and tuned correctly. Factory pro is just easier and you don't have to modify the carbs. Most here use them.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Also has k&n filter. From what ive been reading i should junk it and get a factory filter? Got a link to order the FP kit?

Comment

Yes, junk it. http://m.ebay.com/itm/111327270788?nav=SEARCH
                "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

Thanks man. Oem filtered ordered!

Comment

went for ride this morning . idles around 1200 then down to about 500 then dies. sounds like its missfiring to me . have had plug hole full of water before and caused missfire but high and dry idk what hell wrong with this thing

Comment

Sounds like a fuel issue. Either starved or flooded. Check the oil for fuel smell to rule out flooding. How does the fuel flow from the petcock? Have you replaced the fuel filter with an OEM one?
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran

Comment

No oem but a micron style replacement. Jets are pilot 12.5 others are 50 and 114. All same across board. Plugs were dirty cleaned them . They are lighting off but spark is orangeish not blue.. Petcock with diaphram sucked open flows good. No strong fuel smell from oil smells like oil to me lol.No kinks in fuel hose. Checked carb diaphrams all good no cracks. Carbs are off bike now just to make sure pilots arent clogged.
                        Last edited by sbcmighty; 02-03-2015, 03:57 PM.

Comment

do what you must.
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran

Comment

Jet sizes sound stock or bigger?

Comment

Jets are fine, check coil voltage while trying to start.
                              spammer police
                              USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                              X