X

Exhaust gasket maybe.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust gasket maybe.

My cousin put a scorpion exhaust on his 05 Kat 750 yesterday. The midpipe is very loose. I told him that he needs to get a new gasket. When he started it up there was a huge air leak coming from around the top of where the midpipe connects. Seems the midpipe might not be the correct size. What do you guys think?
    My Every Move Is A Calculated Step............

*~*~*~*KNIGHTRIDERS*~*~*~*

Did it come with it's own gasket? Did the existing gasket get damaged? Did you two tighten down the collector clamp all the way? Without pics it's hard to judge. If he took out the gasket, then it will definitely be too loose...

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I'd say a new gasket is needed.
      2005 Aprilia RST1000
      2007 Dodge Nitro SLT
      1998 Chevy Tahoe
      www.midwestguntrader.com

Comment

Always reccomend replacing gaskets and be sure to put the clamps in the proper direction
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

When I got to his place he had allready inserted the midpipe and clamped it down so I dont know if the gasket was damaged or not. He said it didnt come with a new gaset. I dont have any pics but I can tell you that you can see about a 8th inch gap between the pipe and the gasket. I do know the it was very loose but wouldnt pull out. Hey THAZKAT what do you mean proper direction? Where could he order a new gasket and do they make different kinds?

Comment

a new gasket is about $20 at the local stealership. it should not be that loose.

Comment

Is this what he needs? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUZUK...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Originally posted by StoneJrW
                NO.
                Those are the gaskets between the engine and the header, not between the header and the midpipe.

Item #4 in this fiche file is the gasket that we're talking about him needing (this particular fiche file is for 98-06 Kats, but the concept remains the same). What you saw on eBay is item #2 and not what he needs.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

ok wait!look at my ride its a 7fidy 2005 with a scorpion!!!!i too had the same problem here is what you do.first get some sealer put it on heavy.install ihe mid pipe and tighten the hell out of the clamp.then do the same to the can.the sealer really helps.

Comment

Check the old muffler. Maybe the gasket is still on it.

I had to use sealer on my wileyco. Make sure the inside is sanded a little and wiped clean.
                    sigpic2000 Dupli-Color Metal Specks Red GSX750f

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                      X