No announcement yet.
X

same problem after cleaning jets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soaking the jets and cleaning the carbs are two different things. This is why 99.9% of dealership carb work is shit. There are a lot of passages and what not in the carburetor bodies themselves that can get filthy. Just soaking the jets doesn't help those.

Comment

Well 92xjunker you called it, there was about a half gallon of gas in oil. Changed filter and oil. Seems to be better. Visually synced and 2.5 turns out. Although after i started it i was hearing a spark knoch from the 3 or 4 plugs. Taped all 4 wires still heard it. Changed back to old plugs noticed 1 n 4 was clean and 2&3 were black any reason for that? After putting old plugs back was more like a tick now. Mind playing tricks and maybe its just the motor sound?

Didnt get a chance to ride but will test ride tomorrow. And i will be supporting very soon!
      Last edited by miketony25; 08-25-2014, 09:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      Every time i sign in i learn something new from the members

Comment

Did you adjust the float heights or inspect/replace the float needles?

Comment

Didnt adjust floats, dont have the tool to measure. What am i looking for with needles? When i last looked they looked ok.
          Every time i sign in i learn something new from the members

Comment

Just change them, cheap insurance. Who knows how long they have been in there.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
            X