X

same problem after cleaning jets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• same problem after cleaning jets

Well i took advice and cleaned carbs. Jets on both outside carbs were kinda clogged up. Cleaned and put back together. Same damn problem with bike. It will start up idle for a second then die. What is it!!!!!!????? tps? Coil pack? Doesnt seem to be a fuel problem.
    Every time i sign in i learn something new from the members

It is a carb problem..... Did you clean the entire carb, set the float height, sync the carbs. How did you clean them, don't say you sprayed some carb cleaner at them, it won't clean the passages. Airbox on? OEM filter? Fuel filters good?
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Oem air filter , air box on. Blew out inline fuel filter. Filter in tank is clean. I followed a how to YouTube video and just pulled the jets carb soaked em then blew air through em. Im sorry not a machanic so dont really know how to sync and adjust float hieght. First bike first year rider. Well been grounded for weeks now.

Starting to feel the pressure from your signature junker! Lol

Is it vital to have the rubber t hose between carbs? I see one but other 2 are missing.
      Last edited by miketony25; 08-24-2014, 04:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Download carbs 102 from the wiki above. It will walk you through the whole process, there is also a video for carb 102.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

Will do, right now im on my phone. Phone doesnt support it. I swear if this sight which is very good anyways fixes my problem ill be a supporting member!

Comment

Your problem is common after storage with little to no storage prep.
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

Ive been riding all summer, i laid it down at 50 on eway, cracked left side crank case repaired it. Drove fine after then shortly after that one time had a hard time starting. Crank crank gave some throttle and started unusual for it to do that. Drove fine. Thought rain did something to it. No garage but kept covered some days later it rained, it was dry out so wanted to ride. Did same start up problem but worse this time. Went to get gas and was running rough and no power, got full tank and tried running it a mile and back ran rough and when i came to light down shifting it stalled and wouldnt start back up.

Comment

Carbs slowly clogging till it finally couldn't flow enough fuel.
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

After tearing apart and checking carbs visually put back together and seemed ok running down block, soon after it warmed up coming out of 1st it started to hesitate, came home idled then stalled. Started up idled then stalled. Changed plugs new air filter put back together hard start up again seem to idle ok but again warms up and then shuts down. Cleaned jets as i posted today and same problem after i put back together. And thats my whole story.

Cant wait to see carbs 101 102 to see what ive missed, besides that this sight is awesome and so are the people in it. I appreciate the help 92xjunker
                  Last edited by miketony25; 08-24-2014, 06:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Check your oil for the smell of fuel, usually when it acts funny or runs like poo when warm there is fuel in the oil.
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran

Comment

What do i do after i do have fuel in oil
                      Last edited by miketony25; 08-24-2014, 07:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Change the oil and filter, fix your carbs, most likely the float needles need replaced and the needle seats need attention (cleaned and new seals)
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran

Comment

Starts when cold and then runs worse and worse as the bike warms up means you're running too rich. Have you checked to make sure the choke is off before you leave the driveway?
                          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

choke is for sure off, after searching i know I'm 3 turns out so that will be changed to 2.5 (is that recommended) on carbs 101 it says 1.5...and i will fix carbs again.

is there a site to get those parts 92xjunker
                            Last edited by miketony25; 08-24-2014, 10:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

2.5 is good, you need carbs 102 98-06 model year.
                              spammer police
                              USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                              X