No announcement yet.
X

Left Prime On

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, something combustible, such as starting fluid. You're not looking for the RPMs to "bog down", you're looking for a spike. I've never heard of anyone recommending or using water in the 15 years I've been doing this. You're going to have to be more specific, "vacport oringts" is pretty vague.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
      Yeah, something combustible, such as starting fluid. You're not looking for the RPMs to "bog down", you're looking for a spike. I've never heard of anyone recommending or using water in the 15 years I've been doing this. You're going to have to be more specific, "vacport oringts" is pretty vague.
      vacuum ports located on the top of the carbs thereself ?

Comment

you mean under the diaphragm cover were the hose goes for a manometer?

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
          you mean under the diaphragm cover were the hose goes for a manometer?
          correct, yes. did i use the correct terminology ?

Comment

Yes, there are o-rings there. As far as terminology, I'm pretty sure "thereself" isn't a word.

Comment

I bought mine with blown vacuum lines or something, I've always had to run it on prime with no incident. Cant run it in reserve or on. It'll be fine and gas shoudln't be overflowing.

Comment

Originally posted by HighRisk View Post
                I bought mine with blown vacuum lines or something, I've always had to run it on prime with no incident. Cant run it in reserve or on. It'll be fine and gas shoudln't be overflowing.
                You are correct, as long as the floats are doing their job, running on prime isn't an issue. However, things always work... until they don't. Leaving it on prime is asking for problems. Just an idea but why don't you fix the "blown vacuum line or something".

Comment

Iplan to eventually. Slowly been restoring my katans. Previous Owner didnt treat her so well and im a novice at everything mechanical with a low budget. So one new part every couple o' months. Next thing i do will either be working on the vacuum lines or the cosmetic stuff now that its running.

Comment

Originally posted by ve3nsv View Post
                    I've left mine on prime before without incident, thought it was on reserve.
                    My bike dosnt work on reserve I leave my bike on prime co stantly had it three months it hasnt left prime is this a bad thing

Oh now im reading some thread this sewms to be my issue maybe as well ive had it on prime for 3 mknths on reserve she dies and wont restart throw it to prime she runs fine gas gauge doesnt wok I jut fill her up every 100 to 150 miles
                    Last edited by Jar3d200; 08-25-2014, 05:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                    I just wanna ride my bike
                    2001 katana 600

Comment

Oh now im reading some thread this sewms to be my issue maybe as well ive had it on prime for 3 mknths on reserve she dies and wont restart throw it to prime she runs fine gas gauge doesnt wok I jut fill her up every 100 to 150 miles[/QUOTE]

My guage still works it dorsnt rely on vacuum lines i think there is a float in the tank that controls the gas guage.

Comment

Oh now im reading some thread this sewms to be my issue maybe as well ive had it on prime for 3 mknths on reserve she dies and wont restart throw it to prime she runs fine gas gauge doesnt wok I jut fill her up every 100 to 150 miles
                        My guage still works it dorsnt rely on vacuum lines i think there is a float in the tank that controls the gas guage.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm I dono lol this is all pretty new to me I just fill her up and pray I dont run out been getting like 37 mpg what is everyone else getting? Im pretty heavy handed to
                        I just wanna ride my bike
                        2001 katana 600

Comment

Working...
                        X