Problems

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

head gasket/gaskets for heads of motor

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
    Video 1, the screws with the holes are the jets, they MUST be removed. The slide, off white colored plastic piece, MUST be removed. Pull the jet, install a bowl screw in the threads by 3 turns and tap the screw with a screw driver handle, it will pop loose with the emulsion tube attached. Soak the tube with the jets. The hole that is missing the plug has a jet inside, needs to be removed and soaked with the jets, be real carful removing that jet, really easy to strip the slot off of it. A good fitting sharp edge screw driver is a must, give it a good tap before you attempt to remove it. You don't have to remove the springs for cleaning. You can order the plugs from bikebandit.com $1.57 each. Seriously, find the issue with the smoke first. No since in getting the carbs clean on a dead motor. Compression test will show the rings and valve sealing. You don't have to have the carbs attached to do the test. Bowl screws won't effect operation unless they leak. Make sure you remove the mixture screws also, the real small one on the bottom of the carb.

I do not have a compression tester. To be honest I already too the cover and the head off already. The engine is old and just want to replace anything in it that is "known" to fail.

I have a picture (attached) from "bikebandit" I believe the cylinder gasket is number 6. Should I also replace the o-ring gasket (#7) and #8 which is the dowel pin?

Should I also be ordering the gasket from the the actual cylinder as well?
    attachment #2
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X