X

upper triple swap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upper triple swap

Ok, I would like to have my bars a little lower. The stock position is a little uncomfortable for me, so if they were lowered about 1"-1 1/2"...they would be perfect.

Now...I've been doing a lot of research, and reading through this site. From what I understand, if I use the same year upper from a 600...it should work properly. So I will explain what I think I understand, and if I'm wrong...please feel free to correct me.

I have a 94 750. The upper consists of two parts...the same year 600, the upper is one part with clip ons. So, in order to properly do the swap...I would remove both parts of the 750 upper triple, and replace with the 600 one. That should leave enough space at the top of the forks to place the clip ons.

In essence...the new clip ons will rest at the same height on the forks, as the 750 ones, but the bars will be lower.

Am I correct in assuming this? Thank you.
    why.......do I not believe you?

Or just get the top triple and bars off a 600 and install, that will lower them by about 1" and still look stock.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by ZukiFred View Post
      Or just get the top triple and bars off a 600 and install, that will lower them by about 1" and still look stock.
      +1
      I picked up a used triple for $35. I would guess about $75 for the whole setup from a salvage yard or ebay.

Comment

Thanks guys. I appreciate the responses.

I'm slowly making her my own...when I'm somewhat done with painting, I'll post some pics up.
        why.......do I not believe you?

Comment

I know going from a 600 to a 750, the year of the donor bike matters. For my 06 600 I had to get 750 risers from the '04 to '06 range.
          From this thread (http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...ghlight=risers) it sounds like as long as you get something from a pre 750 you'll be fine. I've never done it, so I'm not 100% positive, but that's what it sounds like.
          Last edited by shpielers; 06-05-2014, 02:57 AM.
          1998 Katana 750
          1992 Katana 1100
          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Working...
          X