X

stupid question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stupid question

Does running a higher octane fuel how do you say clean out the engine.. like what ever carbon build up is in the engine. Just curious because I did not know I'd the was true or not .
    "Oh I will tag you back !!"

Most higher octane fuels have cleaning additives added to them.
    Just pick yourself up a fuel treatment such as seafoam, b-12, etc etc and it'll clean just as well. It will not replace a good carb cleaning though.

Whether or not it'll clean the engine itself, I doubt. They are meant more as a fuel system rejuvenation as far as I'm concerned.
    Last edited by cintidude04; 03-19-2014, 02:03 PM.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

all fuels have cleaning agents in them to a degree. I have explicitly run the cheapest gas I can get my hands on. my jets are clean no gumming or anything 4 years now. I ran the carb cleaning additive the first year I got the bike but I think any effects it had was purely psychological because it was clean to start with.

the best cleaning you can do is to change your oil and air filter and check your spark plugs at least once a year and preferably every 6000 miles.

and most importantly: use your bike regularly. it is by far the best thing you can do.

I doubt the higher octane/ shell superduper formula 1 rocket sience stuff does much

but I live in Europe, maybe your fuel is different ( no pun intended )
      2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Most US gas has ethanol in it. If you can find a station without it your carbs will love you for it.

Comment

I ran like .3 gallons of cam2(high octane an has lead)this summer with a full tank of 93 and I noticed a fuel delivery difference that seafoam didn't provide. Was hoping that lead will help out some seals an lines seeing as ethanol destroys everything.

Comment

Working...
          X