Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

carbs?fuel filter? WHATS THE PROBLEM!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carbs?fuel filter? WHATS THE PROBLEM!?!?!?!?!?!?!

ok now to start with my problem.............when i accelerate over 105 with the throttle wide open my bike starts to bog REALLY REALLY bad i have no idea what the problem is hopefully its nothing too bad.....what kinda jet kits are there and what are the prices of install???? anyone with any help please notify me!!!!!!!!

Re: carbs?fuel filter? WHATS THE PROBLEM!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Well, one of several things could be happening:

(A) If the sprockets are non-stock tooth counts, you may be hitting the rev limiter.

(B) The fueling could be off at WOT (wide open throttle), esp. if you are using a DynoJet or K&N jetkit already.

(C) The airfilter is dirty, or the fuel filter is blocked up. If in doubt, examine, replace as necessary.

Since you don't have your bike's year and model listed in your profile, I can't tell you which jetkits are available for your kat. Prices range from $70 (eBay) to $130 (standard retail) and installs normally run to 2 hours at the shop rate (but you can do it yourself, or at least everything except the final tune, and save a bunch).

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Jets themselves can be had for less than $20 a set , and it takes about an hour to put them in . I can change mine in about 30 minutes .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
      X