X

Brass A/F plug

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by indianboy7 View Post
    between 125 and 150 depending on where you get it. Worth every penny in my opinion. Just took my bike out today for the first time in a month, and it cranked right up without choke.....
    The reason it cranked right up is due to the battery. The reason it didn't need the choke is because I built the carbs you're using. That was a long time ago, but hey.

Comment

Originally posted by Kat Floyd View Post
      I dont see a price on his site so im guessing its a case of "if you have to ask you cannot afford it"
      I can get a battery for about $50 in town brand new, what are these other batteries running?

You can see the "suggested retail price" here....

Explore Shorai Power's range of high-performance lithium batteries designed for motorcycles, ATVs, and more. Experience lightweight solutions, enhanced efficiency, and extended lifespan. Upgrade to Shorai Power today.

Just send GSXFjim an email. Hey probably can do better than those prices.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Still havent had the time to order the o-rings and all but I had a question, why pay 80 bucks to rebuild the carbs with the K&L stuff when o-rings are about .50-.90 cents?
        2 o-rings per carb would be about 4 bucks and then add on the bowl gasket ~6 a pop so thats 28 bucks. Thats a $52 savings!

I'll look into the sizes tonight and the material but it seems the way to go.

Comment

Still havent had the time to order the o-rings and all but I had a question, why pay 80 bucks to rebuild the carbs with the K&L stuff when o-rings are about .50-.90 cents?
          2 o-rings per carb would be about 4 bucks and then add on the bowl gasket ~6 a pop so thats 28 bucks. Thats a $52 savings!

I thought the same thing, but in the end I didn't want to mess with getting the right sizes. I found a 4 pack of K&L rebuild kits on eBay for $50. That was the cheapest I found and the way I went.
          First motorcycle - new project
          1992 Suzuki GSX600F Katana

Comment

Because the K&L kits come with the float needle seats and float needles. You're not paying for the o-rings and rubber crap. You're paying for the float needle seat. Good luck finding that cheap.
            There's more than 2 o-rings per carb. The one on the needle jet holder. One on the brass needle valve seat, one on the A/F screw, one on the choke plunger housing, and one on either side of the metal tubes between carbs #1 and #2 and carbs #3 and #4. But who's counting. Guess what, the K&L kit comes with all of those. Plus the float bowl gasket.
            Last edited by arsenic; 02-19-2014, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Oh ok, Well the description and picture on bikebandit sucks so I really wasnt sure what I was getting for 20 bucks a carb. I thought that was insanely high for just a few o-rings.
              Best to bite it and get K&L

Comment

This is my go to guy for K&L carb kits.
                SUZUKI 98-06 GSX600F KATANA CARB KITS GSX600

Comment

Ahh too late. Got the ones from bikebandit along with the other few parts i needed to get these carbs back in line and on the bike.

Comment

If you need a single carb I have a couple good housings from 2001. I replaced mine with 2006 carbs due to owner bending the throttle plates... EERRR... then stripping the screws. #1 carb plates are screwed 2-4 are fine stripped throttle plate screw here and there couple scratches on throttle plates. Lots of good parts inside.

Basically you could drill out screws and put your throttle plates in and poof... like new again.
                    You know your a KatRider when you sell a nearly new perfectly running low miles bike... and buy a 13 year old non running Katana.

Comment

GREAT! and your in FL too so thats a plus.
                      I just got the rebuild kits in and installed last night. I just have to get the plug put in and a new battery and it "should" fire up in theory.
                      I will keep that in mind if it doesnt work!
                      Thanks again!

Comment

Got all the floats set with a 3D printed gauge that I mocked up and printed.
                        I also got the carbs bench tested and got my new plug in and im VERY happy with how it went together.

Comment

GREAT! and your in FL too so thats a plus.
                          I just got the rebuild kits in and installed last night. I just have to get the plug put in and a new battery and it "should" fire up in theory.
                          I will keep that in mind if it doesnt work!
                          Thanks again!

Ok just let me know. Oh yea which carb was it? On this set carbs 1 and 3 have f-ed up throttle plates and 2 and 4 are good. Carbs had bad gelling so lots of good parts under gunk. lol
                          You know your a KatRider when you sell a nearly new perfectly running low miles bike... and buy a 13 year old non running Katana.

Comment

Its carb #2 I believe. Im still waiting on a battery but other than that it should start.

Comment

Working...
                            X