X

Brass A/F plug

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chive on

Any old/cheap bike is going to need some rehabilitation/tlc/fixing the POs idiocy. For me it's honestly (usually...depends on how far the PO dived into the realm of dumbassness) part of the fun.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Im hoping most of the issues lie in the carbs. The rest of the bike isnt bad at all really. Just clean it up and im putting a fresh coat of paint on it as well. Might even powder coat the rear arm because we have a PC line at work and we run a ton of black.

Comment

Hmm what do we have here!
        Just have to polish out the machine marks and remove the "pin" and we are going to give it a try!
        Dipping the carbs for cleaning tonight.
        Attached Files

Comment

You did a nice job, hopefully it works.

Comment

Thanks but the credit goes to my machinist buddy at work. I just did the models and simple prints for him to make it for me.
            Judging by a dry fit test its going to be a great tight fit!

Comment

Um... something has me scratching my head here.

That plug goes over the transition ports. Pretty sure the holes on the sides of the wall and those transition ports work together.

Is the new plug going to block those side wall ports? Are you sure that is how it was OEM?

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I thought the same thing but the smaller side of the plug has a smaller diameter than the carb hole on the bottom so the air will still be able to flow.
                If I remember right it was about .02-.04 gap where those ports on the side are so it should be ok.
                I think its there to create turbulence otherwise the air might shoot through there too fast causing issues.

As a designer I checked it

Also FYI I got the carbs done and out of the bath and they are looking so much better. I have nice clean jets and clean carbs. Now I just need my 4 rebuild kits with o-rings and set my float height because im sure they are wrong.

Comment

Where is the best place to get the o-rings and bowl gasket for my 03 600 Kat?
                  I also need the two gaskets that go on the main fuel in tee because mine are dry rotted.

Comment

Originally posted by Kat Floyd View Post
                    Where is the best place to get the o-rings and bowl gasket for my 03 600 Kat?
                    I also need the two gaskets that go on the main fuel in tee because mine are dry rotted.

K&L rebuild kits will have the orings and bowl gaskets.

The fuel T gaskets you get individually from OEM dealer. www.ronayers.com or www.bikebandit.com for example.

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

This K&L kit?

The picture is so tiny its hard to tell.

Comment

This K&L kit?

The picture is so tiny its hard to tell.

Yep.

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Comment

Great, ill place the order today and play the waiting game so I can reassemble these carbs. Also on the buy list is a new battery because mine cannot hold a charge for more than a day.

Comment

Great, ill place the order today and play the waiting game so I can reassemble these carbs. Also on the buy list is a new battery because mine cannot hold a charge for more than a day.

Just putting out there... the lithium Iron Batteries are incredible! Yes, little more pricey than the sealed agm batteries, but worth every penny.

If it's an option, I would strongly recommend them.

I got my Shoria from GSXFJim here on the board.

Krey
                            93 750 Kat

Comment

I dont see a price on his site so im guessing its a case of "if you have to ask you cannot afford it"
                              I can get a battery for about $50 in town brand new, what are these other batteries running?

Comment

I dont see a price on his site so im guessing its a case of "if you have to ask you cannot afford it"
                                I can get a battery for about $50 in town brand new, what are these other batteries running?
                                between 125 and 150 depending on where you get it. Worth every penny in my opinion. Just took my bike out today for the first time in a month, and it cranked right up without choke.....

Comment

Working...
                                X