X

My bike will die at high RPMs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My bike will die at high RPMs

I have a 2000 Suzuki GSX750F. When I get on the throttle and reach about 8-10k RPMs the bike will die but immediately starts back up because the keys on and it's in gear. This just recently started. I have a Yoshimura RS-3 on it but still have the stock jets. So my question is would it dying have something to do with the fact that I have not upgraded my jets, or is there something I am not looking at. Also the fuel filter and petcock are brand new.
    How are you going to judge me if you haven't even tried it yourself

try checking your connections at the kickstand switch and kill switch it might be just when you hit those rpms the bike might vibrate more and cause loose connections to screw up, this is assuming it just cuts out like you hit the kill switch
    never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

Originally posted by GSXFJim
    Just remember.. Stupid hurts...
    confused katana build

Comment

That I have checked, connections are good, but it is a little loose. I never thought to put into consideration that the vibrations would cause it to move a bit. I will replace the retainer spring on the kickstand to tighten it up to see if that fixes the problem. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
      How are you going to judge me if you haven't even tried it yourself

Comment

Originally posted by SuzukiSoul View Post
        That I have checked, connections are good, but it is a little loose. I never thought to put into consideration that the vibrations would cause it to move a bit. I will replace the retainer spring on the kickstand to tighten it up to see if that fixes the problem. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
        If your kickstand is loose enough for this to happen, it's not the spring causing the issue.

When the kickstand is up, if you can pull it away from the bike/move it any (side to side, not up and down)... then you need to replace/add a spacer between the frame and the inside of the kickstand mounting point.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
        X