X

2000 750 acceleration problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 750 acceleration problem

So I Cleaned the Carbs And Rebuilt Them, New Floats And All. It Has A Stage 1 Dyno Kit And A D&D Exhaust Slip On, And A K&N Air Filter. Now When I Get On The Throttle Hard, It Struggles To Stay Running And Then Takes Off. If I Ease Into The Throttle There Is No Hesitation. I'm Lost As To How To Fix The Problem. Any Clues? Also Just Changed The Fuel Filter And Has Fresh High Test So I'm Lost. Also Sorry For The Caps.. My Phone Is Dumb. Thanks Guys!
    2000 750 Katana

dump the K&N filter for starters, they don't work on cv carbs. OEM type and the airbox will give the best results.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

did you also follow the steps to tune that dyno kit, cause thats one of the issues it list in the tuning guide they have on their site
      never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

Originally posted by GSXFJim
      Just remember.. Stupid hurts...
      confused katana build

Comment

I had the exact same problems and it was the K&N that was causing it. I first made a plate to drastically reduce the inlet on the filter and it worked great but after replacing with an oem filter it's been perfect ever since. I had low and high rpm's but it would just stumble if you just got on the throttle. If you slowly got on the throttle it would rocket you all the way to redline.

Comment

after ditching the k&n, make sure you have the carbs synced.

KRey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
          X