X

Stage 3 jet kit questions and tuning

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FinallyGotMyKat View Post
    Excellent explanation. Thanks for educating me.

The K&N came with a low velocity ring. Do you think swapping this for the large velocity ring could save it from trash can?

If its not obvious I'm trying to find a way out of trashing a $90 air filter.
    The best option for those rings is the one with the smallest diameter hole, to reduce the air flow and add some back pressure for the carbs.

Still not nearly as good as the OEM type filter, but you would certainly see a better performance than with no ring, or the larger hole.

That said... keep in mind alot of what we are talking about here is not a on/off type situation. The bike will probably start, run, and get you up and down the road no matter which of the jets and air filter you use.

The difference is how well the bike runs, and how well it gets you down the road, and how smoothly the power is at all RPMs.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thats a sweet looking street fighter. I think it would look a little better if you filled in the bottom side of the tank so the slot for the fairing wasnt there. Looks really cool though

Comment

Working...
      X