X

Engine Won't turn over

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Won't turn over

Hello. I've had my 2006 Katana 600 for 3 months now. Recently after a ride my bike seemed perfectly fine. That's until I went outside the next day to go to the grocery store.

I turned the key to the on position and tired to start the bike. I noticed the oil light was on. The bike was in neutral and the bike refused to even attempt to roll over. The lights dim and I hear a click but no starting of the bike. I can get the bike started if someone pushes me while in first gear and I hold down the starter and let go of the clutch while moving. Also, I noticed two exposed prongs underneath my clutch lever. I don't know if this is relevant or not.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Daestos; 05-14-2013, 05:07 PM.

find thouse two wires and plug those wires together and see if it starts! i have mine together and mine starts fine

Comment

two wires? Care to elaborate?

Comment

Clutch switch inhibitor is on the under side of the clutch lever,two wires join together as a temporary get you running and tape them up
        I'm outa here

Comment

SO what I should do is get a wire connect it to both the prongs and then ad electrical tape?

Comment

Originally posted by Daestos View Post
            SO what I should do is get a wire connect it to both the prongs and then ad electrical tape?
            or you could fix it right by plugging the connector on it.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Okay. But the connector is completly missing or i dont know where to find it.

Comment

Questions, answers and posts pertaining to electrical mods and problems
                Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Working...
                X