X

Help-99 katana not starting-read please

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
    I told you I have a lot of carburetor parts. carburetors carbs Suzuki GSX600F Katana 600 98-06 This is what I do.
    dude those carbs look better then brand new! nice job

Comment

that's how I roll. They all look like that.

Comment

Originally posted by crazycraven420 View Post
        glad your making progress! Now the tweaking begins lol hope you get it all worked soon!
        it is a good feeling that i know that the bike runs-and i didnt buy metal only.
        this is going to be a fast and quality build.
        this is what im thinking:

cleaning the bike all up without dropping the engine, everything else is coming off step by step.
        i will paint the wheels black-and plus new tires
        get all the wiring cleaned
        my major issue-seat...i would like something like this but without rewelding and repositioning the subframe
        and i think i will go for pearl white
        what do you guys think?
        it will be speedy because i want to ride-i have 3 cb 350's and cx500 waiting for me.
        Attached Files

Comment

That was hand crafted, Good design, could of spent more time on prep before paint, Way wavy. I bet that seat sucks wind... more padding please...
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
            That was hand crafted, Good design, could of spent more time on prep before paint, Way wavy. I bet that seat sucks wind... more padding please...
            i found some info on that seat-but its 2 years old at least..and no real info on it...
            how is it atached to the frame?it has tabs inside?
            Last edited by moldousa; 04-01-2013, 08:18 AM.

Comment

or should i go for something else for a seat? what do you guys think?

Comment

If your actually gonna ride it...give yourself a bit of cushion unless of course you like a numb, throbbing, sore ass lol
                94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

If your actually gonna ride it...give yourself a bit of cushion unless of course you like a numb, throbbing, sore ass lol
                  need to keep the buns cushiony

now i need to figure out if i need to fiberglass the tail, or go with something easier...like a gsxr tail or something...

Comment

Originally posted by moldousa View Post
                    need to keep the buns cushiony

now i need to figure out if i need to fiberglass the tail, or go with something easier...like a gsxr tail or something...
                    fiberglass is going to be far easier than trying to hoss a different tail on there.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                      fiberglass is going to be far easier than trying to hoss a different tail on there.
                      that's what i was thinking as well...i will clean the subframe from pegs any everything else.

i will try to start working on it in 2-3 days, and i will post pics and concerns

Comment

if you had an extra tail you could cut it down as a base an fiberglass it smooth but either way your doin fiberglass. If it were me I'd just go from scratch an have a completely custom tail that suits the look you want. That way people dont just look at it as a gsxr tail on a kat. Its like putting a thong on a fat woman!
                        94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

if you had an extra tail you could cut it down as a base an fiberglass it smooth but either way your doin fiberglass. If it were me I'd just go from scratch an have a completely custom tail that suits the look you want. That way people dont just look at it as a gsxr tail on a kat. Its like putting a thong on a fat woman!
                          i hear ya

Comment

so this is the video of her running-on 3 carbs...need to fix the 4-th one.

btw i think i have a problem-look at all that smoke from the exhaust!!

and this is my honda cx500 that i got running as well after cleaning the carbs yesterday-i bought it non running as well
                            Last edited by moldousa; 04-04-2013, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X