No announcement yet.
X

Help-99 katana not starting-read please

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's because you don't hear from them about it. The ones you hear from are the ones who're trying to figure out where they went wrong. The rest of us whine about doing wheel swaps on our 1100s or installing HID projectors inside stock headlights.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by mammut89 View Post
      I dont know about that....
      I'm well aware you don't know about that Mo.

Comment

1. I am constructive, his bike didnt even crank before I told him to check his clutch switch and pointed him to the exact page in the service manual.

2. I am trying to tell him that its not as simple as it sounds so that he has an idea of what hes getting into.

3. its going to be way harder to find out whats wrong when he starts changing and adjusting more things, maybe it ISNT the carbs that need to be cleaned.

4. there are plenty of mechanics out there that are perectly capable of servicing a bike, and they are usually much better than people that are doing stuff for the first time

5. maybe this internet thing and me being european-iranian makes me sound like I am angry or trying to be a douchebag, not the case I am lying in my sofa very calmly watching star trek enterprise
        2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

maybe it ISNT the carbs that need to be cleaned.
          Yes it is

there are plenty of mechanics out there that are perectly capable of servicing a bike, and they are usually much better than people that are doing stuff for the first time
          There are plenty of "mechanics" out there that are perfectly capable of ripping you off too... like all of them. And your bike's still not right.

Comment

im amazed by your ability to see that his carbs needs to be cleaned when he doesnt even have his air box mounted. before this the clutch switch wires werent connected, I wonder what other parts are not connected or missing that has nothing to do with carbs being cleaned.

I am also amazed by your perception of professional mechanics.

btw . my bike runs perfectly and I put 15 000km on it yearly.
            2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

I'm amazed that you think a bike can't start without the air box on. You are aware that it will start without the air box on right?

Comment

nope mine does not
                2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

My point is, it is ok for people to attempt repairs, maybe fail, and learn something on the process. It is not such a bad thing to show some enthusiasm and start asking questions "out of order"

Not everyone is a Prince of Persia I am just kidding, but on my limited experience (less than 10 people), every Iranian person feels the need to point out that they are Iranian. Of course that has no relevance here. There is room for a lot of opinions when it comes to wrenching on your own bike.

Comment

i finnaly got the chance to work on the bike
                    tried with tha air box on-no luck
                    i took the carbs off-sprayed some starting fluid on got to fire
                    so i took the carbs apart-on one of the carbs the piston valve where the diaphram goes is broken in side-the tabs that hold the needle are broken.
                    where can i get a valve quickly and cheap? maybe you guys have one laying around.
                    thanks
                    Attached Files

Comment

I do I also know where that picture came from:
                      2002 Suzuki Katana GSXF 600 Carburetor Slide Diaphram
                      Last edited by arsenic; 03-31-2013, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                        I do I also know where that picture came from:
                        2002 Suzuki Katana GSXF 600 Carburetor Slide Diaphram
                        exactly

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                          I'm amazed that you think a bike can't start without the air box on. You are aware that it will start without the air box on right?
                          This is my kat running off a pickle jar as a fuel tank an 2 rubber hoses with ONLY carbs...NO AIRBOX

94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Originally posted by crazycraven420 View Post
                            This is my kat running off a pickle jar as a fuel tank an 2 rubber hoses with ONLY carbs...NO AIRBOX

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AZS90fV...e_gdata_player
                            i cleaned the carbs, and got it to run...it runs rough but it runs
                            now im waiting for some carb parts from arsenic-he has been kind and sold me some stuff-and then i will take a video of the bike running.

Comment

I told you I have a lot of carburetor parts. [ame="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190818912977&ssPageNam e=STRK:MESE:IT"]carburetors carbs Suzuki GSX600F Katana 600 98-06[/ame] This is what I do.
                              Last edited by arsenic; 03-31-2013, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by moldousa View Post
                                i cleaned the carbs, and got it to run...it runs rough but it runs
                                now im waiting for some carb parts from arsenic-he has been kind and sold me some stuff-and then i will take a video of the bike running.
                                glad your making progress! Now the tweaking begins lol hope you get it all worked soon!
                                94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Working...
                                X