Need help with carb swap.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

werd

Comment

good to know. I'll be checking that as soon as I get home.

Comment

The caps say 1a

Comment

Those are 600 caps. Unless you know how to modify them to use on a 750, it shouldn't be done. All signs are leaning towards 600 carbs. Are you sure you have a 750 engine?

Comment

I buy a lot of carbs off of EBay, for my customers, and I agree, a cheap set of carbs are most likely going to need to be completely overhauled. You can save a bunch doing it yourself, but the parts may still cost you a small fortune.
            Douglas Derby
            Sturgis ATV and Small Engine Repair

'04 Suzy Kat 600

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
              Those are 600 caps. Unless you know how to modify them to use on a 750, it shouldn't be done. All signs are leaning towards 600 carbs. Are you sure you have a 750 engine?
              yeah,I checked that RIGHT after I saw they were 600 carbs. 748cc stamped block. The carbs have been on the bike for at least 5 years. That's how long my cousins husband had it and didn't touch it.
              So that said I shouldn't try to run them? So ill need a set of carbs from you and a 750 air box too? Greattttt

It has a flat spot from off idle to 3k and then rips to redline the few times I took it around the block before tear down.
              Last edited by c-rod90; 11-23-2012, 09:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

The pre, at least 90-97 600 and 89-97 750, 88-89 600 are weird, airbox is the same 600 and 750. They are basically the same carbs, but the 750 is 1.5mm in inner diameter larger. 600 carbs on a 750 isn't "horrible", I mean you can get it to run decent enough. It's 750 carbs on a 600 that sucks.

Comment

Alright. tHanks alot, you've been a ton of help that said im going to end up buying a setup off of you.

I wonder if that's why it always smelled rich even with an exhaust leak? Less air coming in bc of the smaller carbs, and larger jets(112.5 vs105)?
                  Last edited by c-rod90; 11-23-2012, 11:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I have 3 sets of 89-97 750 carbs right now. I have a full Dynojet jet kit and a full Factory Pro stage 1 titanium kit. With that said, I haven't placed an order for the next round of parts. This time of year, I can't just trow money around cause it doesn't come in quite as fast. So they are a few weeks out yet. I'm not gonna list the jetted ones until spring, unless you want a set with the Factory Pro kit, which I highly recommend. Oh, that set that gets the FP Ti kit, is going to have FP nickle plated emulsion tubes also. The Katana engine in a go-kart guy that started this thread has been MIA since like page 1. Just checked, he's on page 2 also.
                    Last edited by arsenic; 11-23-2012, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Pm me the time frame and cost of a 750 set with fp1 kit..thanks

Comment

PM sent.

Comment

Working...
                        X