No announcement yet.
X

Need help with carb swap.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want a set of carbs that are fully rebuilt with all new parts already installed, I can help you out. But it's not going to be "cheap".
    Here's some pics:

Last edited by arsenic; 11-21-2012, 12:57 PM.

Comment

I don't know Chris, by the time you get an unknown set of carbs, clean them, replace all that needs to be replaced, and mess with them, your carbs aren't as expensive as the price tag might make them seem.

I figure, we tend to invest $150 - $275 in parts on a set of carbs and at least 6 hours labor. That's discontinuous labor as I don't count the over night each body has to soak in the cleaner and such. Add in $100-$300 for the bodies themselves and Chris' carbs are actually a bargain.
      Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

I know they are a bargain.

Comment

Newkatowner arsneic is trying to help you save money. He is the guru of carbs here. It wont be cheap but it will be cheaper than you finding carbs somewhere and having to do what has already been done to the carbs below \/.

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
          If you want a set of carbs that are fully rebuilt with all new parts already installed, I can help you out. But it's not going to be "cheap".
          Here's some pics:

2002 750 Kat
          2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
          2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
          2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
          1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
          2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Just a small history my Kat 750 year 95 has been stoped in the garage during 3 years before I get her, I spent money buying new float's and carb's repair kits plus mechanic feee, okay bike was fine during 6 months so the consume increased so much, fail in high speedy and we found that butterflyes wasn't good my intention was buy an used carb in ebay and make a mix of parts. Arsenic offered me his carburator and I thought well this guy is just trying to sell his stuff but I decided do the calcules he is correct the price for the parts plus mechanic fee and time that you'll spend to fix all the stuff its better buy with him.
            I have installed Arsenic carburator in my bike last holliday it was necessary just 5 minuts to sync in my bike now its running like a bullet and the engine its different and I'm afraid how bike push now

Comment

Look what I just finished:

I built a set just like that for KR member DocCannabis, ironically that set is the core he sent me. Why don't you ask him how his set is working out. In my opinion, a Factory Pro jet kit is a must have modification. Stock jetting is fine, but FP is better.

Comment

What does your rebuilds for 90 750 Kat go for? Are they bench synched? What size jets?

Comment

Depends if you want stock jetting or a jet kit. Yes, they are bench synced. Stock jetting, is stock, 3 - 105 and 1 - 110. Factory Pro will be the stock sizes with 1 size up included. Dynojet will be the smallest main jet in the kit installed with all the other main jets included. PM me for a price. You know a "bench sync" doesn't mean jack right? Here's a set that recently sold, read the description, it tells you how it's jetted:
                  carburetors carbs Suzuki GSX750F Katana 750 89-97
                  Last edited by arsenic; 11-22-2012, 03:13 PM.

Comment

I understand, but it's a good starting point..
                    Just asking HC mine has 112.5 mj's for whatever reason

Comment

112.5 mj is stock for 90-97 600. Are you sure you don't have 600 carbs?

Comment

Another fantastic job on those carbs Arsenic! Hard to beleive those are my old ones

As for mine I couldn't be happier, I had Arsenic install the FP stage 1 kit. He does very good work and it lives up to its reputation and well worth the money if you don't have the time/experience/equipment to make carbs look and function this good. Right now the carbs are the shiniest part of my bike

As for the bench sync, mine were really close to be honest, took a minor amount of adjusting in under 10 minutes to get them set.
                        92' 600- Bought 4th of July 2012

"Out for my own, Out to be free... One with my mind, they just can't see... No need to hear things that they say... Life's for my own to live my own way!!" Metallica- Escape

Comment

As I sad in the last page Arsenic carb's its just amazing and its true keep shining in the bike and better than shine function like a clock

Comment

Is there a part number or a way for me to tell the difference between 600-750 carbs?

Comment

the 600 have an inner diameter of 33mm and the 750 have an inner diameter of 36mm. Look at the pictures I posted. Look at the bore, the throat of the carb if you will. The 750 is bigger. Also look at the top plastic covers. Are they stamped 1A or BB?
                              Last edited by arsenic; 11-23-2012, 01:30 PM.

Comment

MS Paint skillz
                                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
                                X