X

Flooding 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flooding 750

I got into a very minor accident accident (I hit a fence at 10 mph- Hey I'm still learning!) I gently laid the bike on it's side, but broke the clutch bar (Not the actual cable, the bar you use to engage the clutch). That was about 3 - 4 months ago.

Today I tried to start it and the engine flooded and gas came out of the bottom of the bike. It rears up like it wants to start, but just keeps flooding.

My fiance believes that the fuel line is broken and the bike is worthless now and he wants to part it out. I don't want to do that, I want to see if I can fix it first. If anyone could help me fix this bike I would be in-debited to you! This is the first bike we've owned together. We had a lot of good moments on this bike.

Please someone help me save this bike!

Have you pulled the fairings to actually see where it was leaking from? does it leak when set to "prime" and not running. You need to pull the fairings to see where it's leaking from. A broken fuel line at the petcock or floats in the carbs stuck would be my guess,.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

It only leaks when you try to start the bike every couple times. Yes the prime is on when this happens.

I forgot to add, we havent pulled the fairings away yet. Hes upset about all this.
      Last edited by jadednightdragon; 11-03-2012, 04:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Dont leave the bike on "PRI" ,this is used to refill empty carbs when they got emptyed,switch to "ON" unless you are low on fuel then "RES" will give you about 30 miles..
        I'm outa here

Comment

Even if it were a busted fuel line (highly highly doubt that), your fiancee would part your bike out over a $5 fuel hose?

Your float needles are probably sticking since your bike has been sitting. Pull the carbs and verify.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
            Even if it were a busted fuel line (highly highly doubt that), your fiancee would part your bike out over a $5 fuel hose?

Your float needles are probably sticking since your bike has been sitting. Pull the carbs and verify.
            +1
            1992- project katfighter
            2005- GSXR750
            2001- TL1000R
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
            www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

I agree it's not likely a fuel line.

Jaded.you may need someone with some mechanical experience to check the carbs.
              Blackdog
              DRz-400e plated
              Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

[ame="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190740761885&ssPageNam e=STRK:MESE:IT"]carburetors carbs Suzuki GSX750F Katana 750 98-06[/ame]
                [ame="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190725487204&ssPageNam e=STRK:MESE:IT"]carburetors carbs Suzuki GSX750F Katana 750 98-06[/ame]
                If you are interested in a set that doesn't flood, drop me a PM.

Comment

I tee'd that one up.:bunny2
                  Blackdog
                  DRz-400e plated
                  Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

Comment

Yes definitely clean your carbs and don't forget to change the oil...no biggie...not enough of a reason to part out a bike imho

Comment

Working...
                      X