X

is this normal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this normal?

now that I have the wileyco on I have been listening to the sweet sounds throughout the rpm range. I am thrilled except for idle

at idle it kind of makes a noise akin to an old car with a leaky exhaust. that air leak sorta noise. I have a small leak at the collector but this noise is at the outlet. no other bikes I've heard sound like this. I adjusted the idle rpm but no help. any ideas? do you guys with wileycos notice this?

If you mix was already lean at idle, the wileyco may have just made it a hair bit leaner -- enough to be asthmatic, perhaps?

Just a stab in the dark.

Patch up the exhaust leak and if you still have the issue, take it to any garage that has an exhaust analyzer (don't need a full dyno just to test the gas values at idle -- any car shop will do).

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

He's a little clip done in the garage using a mp3 player to record it

Click here to watch Wileyco-Katana-exhaust-clip
      Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by woobie
        He's a little clip done in the garage using a mp3 player to record it

Click here to watch Wileyco-Katana-exhaust-clip
        Thaaat's a Wileyco! Mine sounded exactly the same. I think I know the hissing sound your talking about and I think that's normal for the pipe. Mine had it too.

Comment

thanks guys. nature of the beast I guess

Comment

That DOES sound pretty good . I'll have to make it a point to listen to one close up next time I see one .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

That sounds nice....can anyone make a comparison to a D&D by any chance..??
              "Our Father's Were The Model Of God If Our Father's Failed What Does That Tell Us About God".....Tyler Durden

Comment

Yeah , D&D is REAL loud and may sound like crap depending on what you think sounds good .

Comment

Oh...is there any place i can sample a D&D on a katana...
                  "Our Father's Were The Model Of God If Our Father's Failed What Does That Tell Us About God".....Tyler Durden

Comment

Might be a clip on here somewhere . There was an exhaust clip thread a while back , possibly in the Pics & Flicks forum .

Comment

Listening to sound clips on the computer is never close to the real thing if you ask me.

Comment

"Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

Originally posted by AkBigN
                          Listening to sound clips on the computer is never close to the real thing if you ask me.
                          True , but sometimes it's good to give you an idea of how one pipe will differ from another so you won't be buying one "blind" .

Comment

Working...
                          X