X

steering head shake/vibration???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steering head shake/vibration???

just got a 96 Kat 600,,,, Been riding it around town for the last couple weeks and it has felt great... Went down the highway the other day and it has a slight vibration/steering head shake between 55-65 mph,, slower or faster it feels fine... Thought the tires were probably out of balance, so i got a new set of metzeler z6s and had them put on today,,, vibration is still there... It has lighter aftermarket bar ends, could this be it??? What other possibilities could be causing the shake between 55-65mph????
    Keep it shiny side up

Go read:

and

Then report back.

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Well, did reading either of those two posts clear it up for you, or are you still having issues outside of those covered there?

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

For the last 6 years I ran michelin macadams on my 93,I was able to coast from 90+ to 10 mph with no hands and absolutly no shake whatsoever. Last season I switched to Avon tyres,great handling at high speeds and cornering but between 45mph and 25mph at decell with hands off the bars it shakes.Head bearings are ok as well as everything else.So in my case it had to be the tires.

Comment

Originally posted by slayergsxf1
          For the last 6 years I ran michelin macadams on my 93,I was able to coast from 90+ to 10 mph with no hands and absolutly no shake whatsoever. Last season I switched to Avon tyres,great handling at high speeds and cornering but between 45mph and 25mph at decell with hands off the bars it shakes.Head bearings are ok as well as everything else.So in my case it had to be the tires.
          How did you know the bearings were good?

Just wondering, cause the only sure way to know is to remove them and see, but if you've gone that far you might as well replace them. A set is only like $40.
          8)
          "Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

Working...
          X