X

wileyco exhaust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wileyco exhaust

I just got my wileyco carbon fiber exhaust last night. The mid pipe is like everyone elses it looks like, its flared at the one end. This is going on a 2005 kat 750, what modifications will have to be done to get it to fit? I dont have my bike right now its at my gf's college i am getting it later this week. I think I read somewhere that they had to put exhaust sealer and exhaust tape on it and that was it. Any other opionions.

Thanks.

So far it seems you need to remove and leave out the exhaust gasket that's in there with the stock system and it will go together, but it's still a tight fit.

I'll probably be painting my headers this week when it warms up here so mine will finally be going on also. We'll see what happens when I try to finagle it on.
    Kyle

Comment

Don't the headers get too hot to paint? What kind of paint are u using? How hot temp does it handle?

Thanks,
      John
      I'm starting to wonder if you all need a beatdown.

Comment

It's either High temp Engine paint, or it's high temp BBQ paint . I bought it months and being the lazy bastard I am never got around to doing it lol.

Since it's warming up this week I figure I'll yank the header off and paint it. Then I can mount the pipe and half a chunk of my winter to-do list is finished.
        Kyle

Comment

Just a head's up: If the header has rust, it really needs to be either chemically treated (to convert the rust into magnetite) or sandblasted (to remove all the rust). Every paint-job I've ever seen on headers that didn't do one of those two ended up failing within months (rust coming through again).

I sent mine out and got them blasted and then ceramic coated. Me likes it.

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

got wileyco exhaust installed, was kind of a pain in the arse but i got it to work. Minimal leaks, nothing exhuast tape or sealant cant fix. I got some copper based stuff im gonna put on it.

Sounds great! I love it, noticable power difference to. I installed it on a 2005 750.

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
              Every paint-job I've ever seen on headers that didn't do one of those two ended up failing within months (rust coming through again).
              Mine lasted TWO days . I THOUGHT I had it cleaned up well enough .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Exhaust Installation

How difficult are the slip-on's to install? I just ordered a Scorpion - polished steel for my '05 KAT - $283.00 (S&H included). Can anyone give me the step -by-step run down (if possible) on how to install it? Or at least some tips?

I just started riding street bikes for the first time in my life two months ago. I'm 27 and my mommy never let me have one before. She still doesn't approve, but I figured I waited long enough....she'll just have to live with it.
                It's funny....I never had lessons before and I just jumped right on the KAT without skipping a beat and have been hugging the curves ever since. It was meant to be.
                "from zero, one arises" - me

Comment

welcome to the site. first be careful out there. there are lots of threads here about guys riding over their heads and getting into trouble. just remember to ride within your and the bikes limits.

the wileyco is a tough fit because they made the midpipe a very tight fit. but the process itself is fairly easy and hopefully the scorpion will go alil easier for you.

there are two bolts holding the factory pipe to the bike, and a clamp at the header/midpipe. loosen the clamp and remove the bolts and the assembly should come right off. on the wileyco you have to remove the gasket in the collector but test fit the scorpion midpipe before you remove it. the new pipe will come with a clamp that you use to attach it in the bolthole nearest the rear peg. you probably won't use the bolt in the middle. if the new pipe comes with a clamp for the midpipe/collector, you can either use it or reuse the factory clamp (it is tackwelded to the header) good luck.

Comment

Here is pictures of mine installed on 05 750

Comment

The CF can looks awesome.
                      Kyle

Comment

Working...
                      X