Gas running out of the bottom of bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas running out of the bottom of bike

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
    Check the battery voltage with a volt meter... my guess is that it is very low (needs to be 12.65 volts or higher to start the bike).

Once you get it started, you need to drive it for at least 15 miles to get some charge back into it -- or hook up a battery charger (1 amp-hour or lower!) and charge it that way.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Hi

I'm new. Forgive if I'm doing this wrong. I have gas running out of the bottom of bike. The holes are connected and it will start but as soon as you turn it off all the gas runs out.

Thanks

Could be several things. There are 2 gaskets at the bottom side of the tank, one of them may be bad. You may need to rebuild your petcock. You may have left your petcock in prime and need to rebuild you carbs or at least check your float height. Could be that your float bowl drain screws are loose. Could be a loose fuel hose. Figure out where the fuel is coming from.
    And don't start the bike until it is resolved and you check to see if you have gas mixing with your oil in the crankcase.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
      Could be several things. There are 2 gaskets at the bottom side of the tank, one of them may be bad. You may need to rebuild your petcock. You may have left your petcock in prime and need to rebuild you carbs or at least check your float height. Could be that your float bowl drain screws are loose. Could be a loose fuel hose. Figure out where the fuel is coming from.
      And don't start the bike until it is resolved and you check to see if you have gas mixing with your oil in the crankcase.
      yeah.that.
      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Thank you --- I just checked the oil indicator and instead of the being clear -- it is almost black----

Thank you again

Comment

dont stress too much....if you stop putting fuel in at the top is will stop flowing out of the bottom after a while

Comment

Thanks for the information. Had the float needle carb#1, replace float gaskets, and a tuneup.

Comment

Make sure u fix the gas problem. I just blew my motor cuz of one. If ur leaking from the petcock its just a oring.
              Live to ride...ride to live!!!

91 and 98 kat parts for sale!!!!!

Comment

If it stops running fuel after a moment then you've got a float needle not seating. If it keeps going then you've got that plus a leaking petcock.

Whatever it is, you do need to fix it.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                X