No announcement yet.
X

1988 Katana 600 Carb Rebuild Kit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading to a non-obsolete carb with readily available parts you can have next day instead of next month is a waste of money? That's a new one to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
      Upgrading to a non-obsolete carb with readily available parts you can have next day instead of next month is a waste of money? That's a new one to me.
      of course not but if the guy hasn't got the cash to spend on new carbs then his best option imo is to source the kits,it may take a month for delivery but time doesn't cost money.
      Anyway here is were i get my kits from if the guy is still interested.

Comment

In case anyone stumbles across this thread in the future, I have an update. I could not find any rebuild kits in the US. I was however able to find an aftermarket needle/seat set of 6 for $35 from a local shop. Otto Brothers Suzuki/Honda in Lyons, IL. Give them a call if you run into the same issue.

Thanks Jarvo for the link. If it wasn't already sitting at the shop, I would wait for sure.
        Last edited by 88kat600il; 05-24-2012, 04:15 PM. Reason: update

Comment

if your wanna update

probably need a rebuild but atleast you can easily find the kits, not a bad price either, although i'd ask the sell if they are 90+
          Last edited by blitz2190; 05-24-2012, 04:15 PM.
          never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

Originally posted by GSXFJim
          Just remember.. Stupid hurts...
          confused katana build

Comment

they are dude. Those are 90-97 600 carbs. The seller obviously doesn't know that or the numbnutz wouldn't say 88-97.

Comment

there ya go problem solved. arsenic knows his kats haha
              never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

confused katana build

Comment

Just to set the record straight... http://www.carbkitscapital.com/carb_...&model=GSX600F

It has everything you need to do one carb, a very nice kit I may add. I never had a problem with the rebuild, guess the only fear in these carbs is breaking the support for the float pin while driving it out...

Comment

they went over that already its out of stock

actually it was in the first post

Originally posted by 88kat600il View Post
                  Is there a carb rebuild kit for a 1988 Katana 600? Carbkitscapital.com has the part listed as 48-1945 but they are out of stock and so is the only other place I found them online(partsnmore.com). I am almost to the point where I make the mechanic call the dealer and order individual parts rather than finding a cheaper kit.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
                  Last edited by blitz2190; 05-24-2012, 06:49 PM.

confused katana build

Comment

Yeah figures was quick scanning threw the posts, oh well.

Comment

Working...
                    X