X

93 Katana 600 wont run right

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by knightwing83 View Post
    Bad seat/O ring? float height wrong? bad float?
    I'll answer in order:

Very possibly
    Very possibly
    Very possibly

Could be any of them or all of them. Only way to tell is to check....

Comment

Anyone notice the first post in this thread is over 2 years old? Same problem, that's persistence.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
        Anyone notice the first post in this thread is over 2 years old? Same problem, that's persistence.
        http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
        http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
        '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
        "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
        "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

That I am.

So I found a gigantic black chunk of crud inside where the fuel needle sits. So it could not form a seal to stop the fuel from running out and the fuel needle is missing the wire loop connecting it to the metal tang.

How fucking hard was that to diagnose! Should have just done it myself the first time.

Why are are my modes of transportation a "work in progress"?

Comment

Originally posted by knightwing83 View Post
            How fucking hard was that to diagnose! Should have just done it myself the first time.
            Refer to post #21, from 2012

Comment

Here's an idea, why not just buy a set of carbs fitted with an FP stage one kit from that nice Mr Arsenic and be done with it ? you'll sure have more fun actually riding the bike than arsing around with it like you've done for the last few years

Colin.
              Carpe Jugulum...
              1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

At this time, I don't have a set of 90-97 600 carbs, with OEM jetting, much less a FP kit. Coupled with the fact that the OP has been fiddle fucking around with this for over two years. I'm not motivated to try and sell him anything.

Comment

He just needs to do a good cleaning on the carbs maybe twice.
                  "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran
                  If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                    He just needs to do a good cleaning on the carbs maybe twice.
                    So by 2016 it should be good to go.

Comment

When I got my bike last year and it had problems revving past idle I distinctly remember reading this thread. It convinced me of 4 things:

1. Arsenic knows his shit about these carbs.

2. Krey knows his shit about the bike in general as well as the carbs.

3. That if I read more from the both of them on the subject of carbs and carb cleaning, and followed Carbs 101, that when I did it myself that I would be able to do it right the first time (or maybe the second, at least ).

4. Stay the hell away from any "pro shop" who says they will do a good job cleaning carbs. They won't.

Surprise, surprise, I cleaned my carbs once last May and have been riding it with no fuel system faults since.

Comment

So by 2016 it should be good to go.
                        at his rate, possibly. But, he's still trying.
                        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran
                        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Indeed.

Fiddling around with something, like carbs, calms me and gives me a since of accomplishment even though the rate of accomplishment has been low. I'm an EE and I enjoy problem solving, it realigns my brain from normal life activities. Now that I have sold all my other projects this is my only outlet.

I do want to ride though.

Since my bike has been sitting outside the tires have dry rotted. Even if I get it running this week I can't ride it till I get some new black and rounds.

Comment

she lives! On all cylinders and sounds soo good. She will idle really nice even at 900. So stoked

Comment

Congrats ! Now, get out there and have some fun

Colin.
                              Carpe Jugulum...
                              1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
                                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
                                2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Working...
                                X