X

need help on oil cooler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help on oil cooler

I need an oil cooler for a '89 Katana 1100. Will one from a katana 600 work?

What years can i use?
    R.I.P. CYBERPOET

***WE WILL RIDE TOGETHER AGAIN ONE DAY***

no it will be too small you need one from 1100
    1997 KAT 600 PROJECT

Comment

The 89-97 750 ones works for the engine. I'm not sure if it fits the frame properly though.

Comment

Curious as to why you guys dont use one from a newer gix1k and just plumb it yourselves...
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Because the newer GSXR1k's are watercooled, the oil cooler on those is an after thought. I count about 7 rows on them and they aren't very wide either.
          1992- project katfighter
          2005- GSXR750
          2001- TL1000R
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
          www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
            Because the newer GSXR1k's are watercooled, the oil cooler on those is an after thought. I count about 7 rows on them and they aren't very wide either.
            Ah gotcha, never really looked at one closely.

Figured they'd at least be AS efficient, newer materials and all.

I'd be willing to bet a modern literbike at the track would cook oil hotter than most katanas see unless sitting in traffic...

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
              I'd be willing to bet a modern literbike at the track would cook oil hotter than most katanas see unless sitting in traffic...
              More than likely. But for a 1k with regular street use you can remove the oil cooler entirely. Which is why companies can make money off of oil cooler bypass kits.
              1992- project katfighter
              2005- GSXR750
              2001- TL1000R
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
              www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
              KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
              KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
                More than likely. But for a 1k with regular street use you can remove the oil cooler entirely. Which is why companies can make money off of oil cooler bypass kits.
                Fair enough...

+5# weight savings!!! carbon fiber ram air hood!! hubcaps are extra weight!!!

Comment

Working...
                X