X

Help chain problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help chain problem

ok well ive been having a problem with my bike i can hear it everytime i take off from a stop it feels as if the bike is studdering and holding the bike back it also make a really ugly sound, you can hear it in the video ive included any help will be appreciated

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-fq2VV46Tw&list=UU4mew4JSidY9jNfuS_EoYfg&index=1&fe ature=plcp"]VIDEO0067.3gp - YouTube[/ame]

Remove front sprocket cover.

Comment

I am guessing your chain has some areas where the chain has been stretched more than other places. so at one point the chain is adjusted correctly. at another point it is too slack and at another point its too tight. turn the bike off. put the bike in neutral. turn the rear wheel with one hand thile you push the chain upwards to check the slack. tell us if that is the case. If it is you need a new chain.
      2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by mammut89 View Post
        I am guessing your chain has some areas where the chain has been stretched more than other places. so at one point the chain is adjusted correctly. at another point it is too slack and at another point its too tight. turn the bike off. put the bike in neutral. turn the rear wheel with one hand thile you push the chain upwards to check the slack. tell us if that is the case. If it is you need a new chain.
        did this exactly as you said, and your right, at some points the chain is perfectly tight and at others it goes really really loose

Comment

2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

do you happen to know the measurements of chain needed?

Comment

Motorcycle speed and sprocket calculator with bike database for gearing, sprockets, tires and chains of over 1900 bikes. Request yours to be added as well.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

that looks like a 98+ 750. so it should be 530 chain with 118 links if it has original sprockets ( 15 front and 47 rear ).

Some people only change the chain some people change the chain and sprockets at the same time. I am one of those that change the chain and sprocket at the same time.
                2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

118 links of 530 size chain plus a master link

15-tooth front sprocket to fit your type of bike.

47-tooth rear sprocket to fit your type of bike.

Comment

Usually when you want specific answers it's good to state what bike it's for.

Comment

2002 kat 750

Comment

i just counted the teeth on the rear theres 45?

Comment

Someone geared it down, not a big deal. More top end speed, a little less bottom end pull than the factory 47 tooth sprocket.

Comment

i guess it makes sense why my speedo is way off -_-

Comment

750s are stock 15/45 aren't they?
                              600s are 15/47 (in most cases).

Speedo will be off no matter what unless you have a speedo-healer.
                              Last edited by cintidude04; 01-22-2012, 07:23 PM.
                              1992- project katfighter
                              2005- GSXR750
                              2001- TL1000R
                              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                              www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                              KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                              KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Working...
                              X