X

Gasket missing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gasket missing

I changed the oil on my 2006 GSX600F Katana and noticed there was no gasket on the drain plug. I do not believe I lost it on one of my previous oil changes. The OEM pictures do show a gasket which I have ordered but still wonder if the drain plug could have come without a gasket. Is it possible the plug came without a gasket?

There is no gasket on the drain plug. It uses a copper crush washer. It's very possible it was never there.

Comment

Missing gasket

Have you noticed the OEM parts shows a gasket for the drain plug?

Comment

Yes, that gasket is a copper crush washer as was already mentioned.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Missing Gasket

So the gasket is now crushed onto the drain plug? It did look like a gasket was stuck to the drain plug.

Comment

I meant the is no "gasket" in the sense of rubber or paper gasket. I'm sure the parts fiche calls the crush washer a gasket. They do that all the time.

Comment

Missing gasket

But then how am I able to order a seperate gasket and drain plug?

Comment

Originally posted by gfrisch View Post
                Because they are 2 seperate pieces
                1992- project katfighter
                2005- GSXR750
                2001- TL1000R
                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by gfrisch View Post
                  A washer and a drain plug are two different pieces...so...

Im still not sure what your problem/question is here?
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I picked up a pack of ~10 drain plug washers for $3.99 at cycle gear and replace it each time I change the oil

Comment

Working...
                    X