X

oil leak

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil leak

well i got an oil leak on my 2000 750. i think its coming from behind the oil cooler by the engine, i saw what looked to be fresh oil. are these things known for leaking oil anywhere? im guessing its the valve cover, but not 100% sure.
    sigpic
    "Horsepower has a tendency to break things, if your not breaking anything your not going fast enough"
    "The shortest way between two points is a straight line...Whats the fun in that?"

All engines are known to leak oil... When Something was not assembled/torqued correctly or a gasket is damaged.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

ok well just to be clear i have not messed with the top part engine at all since i have had the bike. besides oil change and clutch. and its leaking from the top of the engine it looks like. and it just started this today. i've had the bike for almost 2 yrs.
      sigpic
      "Horsepower has a tendency to break things, if your not breaking anything your not going fast enough"
      "The shortest way between two points is a straight line...Whats the fun in that?"

Comment

Could be a lot of things, clean it off and find out where the oil is actually coming from.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Check the simple things first, any chance it could be the oil filter??
          2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Working...
          X