Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Suzuki vs Honda brand oil. No difference?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki vs Honda brand oil. No difference?

Happy thanksgiving everybody. Getting ready to change my oil for the first time. If this was about my car I would know the answer but since it isn't... I'll ask

Difference between Suzuki and Honda brand motor oil?
    Honda seems a little cheaper and would not have to order it. Am I good with grabbing that or are there legitimate reasons in which I should order the Suzuki ?

Quality differences right?

Its all the same cheap crappy oil
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
      +1
      1992- project katfighter
      2005- GSXR750
      2001- TL1000R
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
      www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

$20 at walmart, best oil ive used in a kat thus far

Comment

+2

Comment

+3
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

I've used Castrol GTX or Halvolene 10W40 in my bikes for the last 22 years with no trouble at all. I recently developed some clutch trouble after doing an oil change with Rotella T (in the white bottle). I was convinced the problem was the oil but after changing the clutch plates and going to medium-high dollar Castrol MC oil the problem was still there. Messed with the hydraulics (I've got an 1100 Kat with the hydraulic clutch) and the problem went away. Now I'm pretty sure the oil had nothing to do with it.

I don't think you'll see any difference between Honda, Suzuki or Brand-X oil just so long as you change it regularly. Hedge your bets; avoid Bob's-slippery-junk-that-used-to-be-called-oil and you should be just fine.
              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I rarely use Suzuki OEM oil. Honda is the same thing in a different bottle. If you change your oil as often as I do, it really doesnt matter what kind you use, as long as it meets the specs in ur owners manual

for the record, i run only fully synthetic oil and change it every 3-3500 miles. mostly amsoil or silkolene
                Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                Current Bikes:
                1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

OEM oil is cheap. However, it's more advantageous to change frequently than it is to use expensive oil. I'm also running synth.
                  =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
                    OEM oil is cheap. However, it's more advantageous to change frequently than it is to use expensive oil. I'm also running synth.
                    +1
                    Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                    Current Bikes:
                    1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

I use to use reg. Castrol 4T from pep boys and would use this over wallmart oil , motul or Castrol full syn RS/R4 is my choice . It good the hear reports on oil .

Comment

Yea I'm just gonna go with some synth 10w40. Probably Honda since its in stock.
                        Appreciate it

Comment

I get Redline MC oil from a local middleman for around $7.50 a qt. He carries everything, from Royal Purple to drums of M1. Interestingly, he also carries Honda MC oil, but is not allowed to sell that to me.
                          Walmart- back when I used to use Rotella, got a bottle of 5-40, found it full of black, used oil!
                          No, I don't blame Shell for it, I blame the customer base of Walmart, who would buy a gallon of oil, then refill with the old stuff and get a refund.

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
                            http://epautos.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/oil-3.jpg

$20 at walmart, best oil ive used in a kat thus far
                            and how do you know it is the best you have used so far? what do you know is better with this oil? what "symptoms" did the other oils show to convince you they are inferior?

I only ask this because I stopped spending money on expensive oils years and years ago, and I never noticed any difference. mind you, $20 isn't a bad price for that oil, and I would probably use it myself, but my 92 1100 had over 120k miles on it, and most of that was just cheap oil at canadian tire. when quaker state came on sale for like $10 a gallon, that's what I used. never hurt my bike any. well, maybe it did shorten it's life a bit....who knows, but at 120k miles, I ain't complaining.
                            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

My pre has done around 100000miles - the last 30000 with me. Being a cruddy old bike that owes me nothing and is worth nothing, it's mostly had whatever left over oil I had from cars, boats, mower ... and often a blend. Tended to be about 5W40 in winter to 20W50 in summer, SJ to SM, sometimes diesel spec SH4. Changed every 3000 miles. Never had to top up between changes. The couple of times I've tried a MC oil (Motul / Silkolene) I have noticed no difference in smoothness, rattles, clutch, power, economy, oil life (still goes black and loses viscosity). The stand-out oil was PM 15W40 SM / JASO MC rated oil produced locally. It improved everything including the exhaust note and still looked clean (red) after 2500 miles - but a guru mechanic induced carb leak meant I had to dump it. I'm running PM in the post now and I will be taking up their offer of free oil testing to gauge how it performs over time.

Comment

Working...
                              X