No announcement yet.
X

Help with carbs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read that the first time you posted it.

Comment

Bought it as it is 3 months ago. first bike, ran pretty good, tank filled with water, friend took a look and started just tearin stuff off. I came to this sight , read alot of your stuff and others and learned lots. everything i replaced was the same as what was in there. have no stock air box or any of that. any idea why it ran good before water incident, and should i really go back to stock airbox?

Comment

No, you shouldn't. We're just telling you that because repetition is fun.

Comment

ok... stage 3? you need stage 1 kit with 115 jets and stock air filter and box. you are running way too rich. that kit is for modified motors not stock motors. you can try to lower the needles till you can get it to run, not well mind you but, run.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

No, it's not. Stage 3 is for the air box removed. Meaning running pod filters. Dynojet considers that a "modified" engine.

Comment

arsenic, you can make a killing just fixxing po carb issues. just send them in..
              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
              spammer police
              USAF veteran

Comment

Dynojet and K&N have done wonders for me.

Comment

Thats dyno junk though, when i ordered factory pro kit they told me stage3 was for a modified motor, cams, pods, increased compression ect... wrong?
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran

Comment

Wrong. Even FP stage 3 is for the air box removed. I mean yeah, a modified engine makes a big difference in performance. General rule of thumb, stage 3 - pod filters.

Comment

???? they don't work. well, they don't work if you don't know that your doing during setup. which is a whole lot of us garage mechanics.
                      Last edited by 92xjunker; 11-10-2011, 12:05 AM.
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran

Comment

No, pod filters don't work even if you DO know what your doing. On a Katana, with just a run of the mill stage 3 jet kit in CV carbs that is. Get Mikuni RS flat slides or Keihin FCR flat slides and they'll work just fine.
                        Correction:
                        Pod filters DO work, just not well, at all, even a little.

Comment

Sure they work. As long as you don't value a smooth idle, responsive throttle or consistent performance...
                          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

that shouldn't be a problem here, almost every new member has that problem already.
                            spammer police
                            USAF veteran

Comment

Yeah, but pod filters keep you there.
                              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                              X