X

Help with carbs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with carbs.

Need help. sos!! Can anyone help me out with carbs? mixture screws not sure.

Can't get it to run right? Find a trick to add HP?
    From the first oil change to completely rebuilding the engine,
    this is the place to talk about the heart of the beast!

Comment

first a pile of dirt carb threads, now a pile of a/f screw threads? bring them on ...
      +1, need more info. year, size, mods IE: 4-1 exhaust, jet kit, dare i say K&n filter or pods help us help you
      Last edited by 92xjunker; 11-09-2011, 10:55 PM.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I have read sooooooo many pages and pages and posts. I have somewhat learned how to work on my bike here. Thanks for all your help so far. I just completely rebuilt my carbs, paid super attention to ALL the details just put it back together an hour ago and something still is not right. Synced carbs, all in order but ride is not smooth. also sounds much deeper, ie it doesnt have the beautiful scream it had before and bogs down wide open at 60 mph. mixture screws??? They are 2 1/2 out.

Comment

year, size, mods.... need more info

pull your plugs, check the color black rich,whitish lean, check your slides for proper function, check that the needles are installed correctly. did you tear the carbs all the way down?
          Last edited by 92xjunker; 11-09-2011, 11:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran

Comment

Please keep in mind i may not be familiar with some terms! 96, 600, slip on jardine pipe, 4 -1 i guess, new jet kit, k&n filters(2)

did not separate the 4 but really really replaced everything else. all jets, needle, air jets, all of it. Also new intake pipes all clamps, gaskets, orings.
            Last edited by will7881; 11-09-2011, 11:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by will7881 View Post
              Please keep in mind i may not be familiar with some terms! 96, 600, slip on jardine pipe, 4 -1 i guess, new jet kit, k&n filters(2)
              I just highlighted your problem. Go back to the stock airbox and filter unless you have a stage 3 jet kit. Then, in that case, prepare to spend a few hours tuning.

Comment

first- no stock air box, bad!! The kat is very picky on filter setup,
                second- K&N, bad!! K&N will not work well with a kat, had one, OEM now
                third how many e clip slots are on your needles
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

96, 600, k&n filters, jet kit, 4-1 jardine pipe, new intake pipes, clamps, plus air jets not with kit, o-rings. Oh its almost new. Gaskets too.

Stage 3 jet kit, 6 slots on needles,
                  Last edited by will7881; 11-09-2011, 11:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

you mean idle and main jets
                    What sizes?
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran

Comment

6 slots on needles.

Comment

Here:
                        carburetors carbs Suzuki GSX600F Katana 600 90-97
                        Here:
                        Or here:
                        Neither of those will work with your air filter, because nothing will.
                        That means you have a Dynojet kit. Factory Pro is better.

Comment

main 134, biggest one in the kit.

Comment

So you have stage 3 (air box removed) for an after market exhaust. How's that working for you? I'm guessing not well. If you buy the Factory Pro jetted carbs. Put the air box on and use the stock air filter. Install the 115 main jets, it'll run perfect.

Comment

biggest one in kit on main. 134

Comment

Working...
                              X