X

water in oil

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water in oil

Ok guys, got a lot of water in the oil of my atv(don't ask) any advise for flushing it all out. Deasal kerosene etc.
    When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Acetone possibly???
    I wouldnt use a degreasing substance like kerosene.
    I've never dealt with water in oil to be honest.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Can't say I've ever had to deal with that, but here is some advice from quad-people: http://www.can-amforum.com/forums/ca...technique.html
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
        Acetone possibly???
        I wouldnt use a degreasing substance like kerosene.
        I've never dealt with water in oil to be honest.
        I would not use Acetone on the inside of a motor. That would be hard on gaskets and seals, and it's also really flammable.

Comment

Change oil. Start engine.

You get water in your oil pretty much daily from condensation. It settles to the bottom of the oil galley until it gets heated past 212 degrees F when it boils and turns to vapor. The vapor escapes through the crankase vent and the water goes away until the next time the engine cools off and it all starts again. If you've got enough water in the oil to affect lubrication (that's a lot) then just change the oil and filter and warm up the engine to drive off the rest of the water.
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

tech manuals for gm used to say to change oil until it shows no sign of water then start it, run it until warm, change it again then done. Idea being flushing the water out, then getting it hot enough to steam it out.
            sigpic

Comment

Drain, leave sit for 24 hours to dry, refill.

The only thing I would possibly use to flush is some 2T oil. Won't dry out seals baskets and bearings.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

i have sunk my 4x4 more than i would like to tell, i have always just drained out oil, filled it back up ( with cheap oil) run for about five minutes, then re drain , refill and change filter. if it aint white its alright,lol
                92 gsxf 750:1216 motor upgrade,5.5 inch wheel swap, plus 10 swingarm, gsxr 1000 farings and cbr tailight,lol

Comment

Originally posted by B12BAMADUDE View Post
                  i have sunk my lifted 4x4 more than i would like to tell, i have always just drained out oil, filled it back up ( with cheap oil) run for about five minutes, then re drain , refill and change filter. if it aint white its alright,lol
                  That's what she said...
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                    That's what she said...
                    92 gsxf 750:1216 motor upgrade,5.5 inch wheel swap, plus 10 swingarm, gsxr 1000 farings and cbr tailight,lol

Comment

Working...
                    X