X

popping on deceleration

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• popping on deceleration

ok my bike has a yosh pipe on it and whenever i let it rev past 5k and let out it pops LOUD. I dont know if this is a normal thing with this exhaust or if there is a air fuel ratio problem or maybe a carb issue. bike is a 04 600 kat

No, it's not a normal thing. It's called an after fire due to your fuel mixture being lean. Richen up the A/F screws to 2.5 turns out.

Comment

Most likely an air fuel ratio issue (lean) due to the aftermarket pipe.. adjust the a/f screws on the carbs out to 2.5 turns is the easiest "fix".. installing a jet kit also is a better approach..

... And search the forum for more detailed answers.. close the thread now please admin...

Dammit arsenic! I wanted this one.

.. now we debate on whether it will harm the engine/carbs..
      Last edited by sky1865; 10-28-2011, 11:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by sky1865 View Post
        close the thread now please admin...
        Yeah, that'll happen.

Comment

If your not first your last.... shake an bake.... dang, now that newbie has talledega night stuck in my head....
          1992- project katfighter
          2005- GSXR750
          2001- TL1000R
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
          www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

If you ain't first you're last.

Comment

I'm all jacked up on Mountain Dew!
              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

yea...could be the carbs, but it could also be an exhaust leak. for the sake of simplicity, that should be the first thing that you check. header pipes to head, and any joints. my 1100 popped like crazy when I put on dual jardines because of an exhaust leak....a couple actually, seeing as I slapped it together in a hurry just so I could take it for a spin. after taking my time and doing it right, no more popping.

but hey...probably is the carbs. just letting you know a leaky exhaust will make it pop as well.
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

cobwebs, ew...

second place is just the first loser son,... my bike afterfires all the time with my yosh rs3 but i do also have the ivan's first stage, AND i happen to love the sound of it, haapy nu year!
                  thoughts create things

Comment

Originally posted by tobias View Post
                    second place is just the first loser son,... my bike afterfires all the time with my yosh rs3 but i do also have the ivan's first stage, AND i happen to love the sound of it, haapy nu year!
                    Sucks when you cant delete your post doesnt it?
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

yeah

but who's countin right? after the third speedin ticket i started thinking track days dont sound so spendy after all
                      thoughts create things

Comment

Is it correct in carb 101/102 that if the F\A screws have never been adjusted, that the carbs will need to be removed and caps drilled out? I'm guessing that will be the case your me since my bike only had 2600 miles on it when I bought it. I will be installing this tomorrow:

Last edited by astevens54; 12-29-2011, 11:48 PM.
                        2014 Ducati Monster 1200
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

Originally posted by astevens54 View Post
                          Is it correct in carb 101/102 that if the F\A screws have never been adjusted, that the carbs will need to be removed and caps drilled out? I'm guessing that will be the case your me since my bike only had 2600 miles on it when I bought it.
                          Yes, that's true.

It means that no one has ever adjusted them correctly AND that they've never been cleaned correctly if the plugs are still on.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                            Yes, that's true.

It means that no one has ever adjusted them correctly AND that they've never been cleaned correctly if the plugs are still on.
                            Could you elaborate on the "cleaned correctly"? Thanks
                            Last edited by astevens54; 12-30-2011, 12:03 AM.
                            2014 Ducati Monster 1200
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

Originally posted by astevens54 View Post
                              Could you elaborate on the "cleaned correctly"? Thank
                              Without removing the A/F screws entirely, which is impossible while the brass plugs are intact, your carbs can never be entirely clean.

Comment

Working...
                              X